How awesome is this room rate!!!!!

aussiegirls

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I just thought I would share the awesome rate I got at the HOJO for December 2010.

It is for 3 weeks from 1st Dec to 22nd Dec, at a cost of.............wait for it ........ USD$1666.33 total price.

Seriously that is a great rate and I am so happy with it. I went to their website to get a quote and I put in the Ent rate code just out of curiosity to see if any dates would come up and they all came up at the discounted rate :yay:

I am very happy with that price and if my travel dates change at all (I haven't booked flights yet) I just need to givve them 48 hours notice.

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

xxx

Well done! That is an excellent rate. I am so jealous that you are going back so soon.

If that's for 21 nights, then that's $79.35 (USD?) a night :). Very nice :).

I must admit, I was celebrating in December when Disney released the WDW hotel room rates for our stay. We're staying at the Pop Century, and All-Stars Sports for a total of 15 nights, for now ~US$67 a night including tax :). (Sorry, I'm not trying to one-up! lol)

I do not know which EC you are using I got the Orange County book of the internet and my card expires in Nov 2010 you may need to get a new card for Dec 2010 I tried to book myself and got a not vaild time error as we are going about the same time and will have to get a new card for then I thought I would just let you know. That is such a great rate for a hotel that is what we are paying for this months trip yes we are going twice this year.

I must admit, I was celebrating in December when Disney released the WDW hotel room rates for our stay. We're staying at the Pop Century, and All-Stars Sports for a total of 15 nights, for now ~US$67 a night including tax :). (Sorry, I'm not trying to one-up! lol)

Wow! What period is that valid for? Is that through the WDW site?

darren you are right about the ET cards expiring in November. I plan on getting the 2011 edition later on in the year to use when I check in - although last time I had the bulk of my stay at the ET rate and they never asked to see the card anyway.

When I tried to book online it wouldn't let me so I called and they booked it over the phone for me at that rate.

xxxx

Sorry I misunderstood I thought you booked over the internet I will make my booking when I am there this month Thank you for the tip

Wow! What period is that valid for? Is that through the WDW site?

Yeah, through the WDW web site.
Stay 5 nights or more at a value resort during the current/upcoming off season and get 30% off.

They seem to have changed it since we booked though, it was originally just a blanket 30% off all value rooms for any length of stay, and including all weekends. Now they seem to have blackout days and/or weekends.

Still a great price though, considering it means you don't have to rent a car when you stay on-site!

Thanks for the tip Aussiegirl! I just booked for December at the Entertainment Rate as well. They didn't want to give it to me at first, but I just made it clear that I saw it on their website and it was fine then. This will be our second stay at Hojos - a Mum and Daughter trip and I can't wait!

Thanks again!:thumbsup2:goodvibes:cool1::):):banana:

Still a great price though,
I quite agree

considering it means you don't have to rent a car when you stay on-site!
You may regret that....especially staying for that long.
The bus system is a nightmare and the way they treat the value resorts isn't as "good" as the better resorts we stayed at.
It took 45 mins to get from the contemporary resort to Downtown Disney...:confused3
And if you want to go to outlets or malls or supermarkets etc...

I quite agree

You may regret that....especially staying for that long.
The bus system is a nightmare and the way they treat the value resorts isn't as "good" as the better resorts we stayed at.
It took 45 mins to get from the contemporary resort to Downtown Disney...:confused3
And if you want to go to outlets or malls or supermarkets etc...

Don't tell me that now, we're leaving on Tuesday!!! :lmao:

I think we'll be fine though, we've got a grocery delivery from Garden Grocer, will mainly be going directly to/from the parks, and we're not afraid to use taxis.

Also we're renting a car for a couple of side trips to Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center, so we can do extra shopping etc then.

I know the bus system will probably wear on me, but we've got plenty of time (shouldn't be in too much of a rush), I really want to minimise my driving time on the "wrong" side of the road, and the occassional taxi ride will be MUCH cheaper than the price of a rental car with insurance.

And from what I've read (from Unofficial Guide and forums), Pop Century is one of the best resorts for overall bus frequency and travel time, including Deluxe resorts. (Of course Monorail resorts to MK will be much shorter, but I mean total travel time to all parks)

I guess I'll find out very soon either way!

I think we'll be fine though, we've got a grocery delivery from Garden Grocer, will mainly be going directly to/from the parks, and we're not afraid to use taxis.

Also we're renting a car for a couple of side trips to Busch Gardens and Kennedy Space Center, so we can do extra shopping etc then.

I know the bus system will probably wear on me, but we've got plenty of time (shouldn't be in too much of a rush), I really want to minimise my driving time on the "wrong" side of the road, and the occassional taxi ride will be MUCH cheaper than the price of a rental car with insurance.

And from what I've read (from Unofficial Guide and forums), Pop Century is one of the best resorts for overall bus frequency and travel time, including Deluxe resorts. (Of course Monorail resorts to MK will be much shorter, but I mean total travel time to all parks)

We stayed at Pop in November 09, and thought the bus service was terrific. Each park has its own bus waiting line, and we rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes.

At the end of the day it was great to be able to just hop on the bus and let the driver worry about all the traffic, rather than try and negotiate the car parks and roads, particularly late at night when we could barely keep our eyes open.

We went to some other resorts to look round and found their bus set ups quite annoying. Everyone waiting at the one stop, not enough room etc.

We stayed at Pop in November 09, and thought the bus service was terrific. Each park has its own bus waiting line, and we rarely waited more than 5-10 minutes.

At the end of the day it was great to be able to just hop on the bus and let the driver worry about all the traffic, rather than try and negotiate the car parks and roads, particularly late at night when we could barely keep our eyes open.

We went to some other resorts to look round and found their bus set ups quite annoying. Everyone waiting at the one stop, not enough room etc.
Well it is good to hear Pop is good. I hope it goes well!:thumbsup2
I have heard horror stories about All stars.
Our rental was for about 4 -5 weeks so great value. We were at WDW for 2 weeks.
I think the problem with Contemp might have been the monorail system is constantly being checked and re checked and they are so nervous about it the queues were really bad...so more are getting buses.

I would never be without a car though. I was the driver and coped well with driving on the wrong side of the road. I had perfected it so well I got us from Anaheim to LAX at night in traffic in good time. [Of course it had implications on my driving when I got back :rolleyes1]
And driving around the World is really easy with a million signs.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!:cheer2:

Originally Posted by dollarmite

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it is good to hear Pop is good. I hope it goes well!:thumbsup2
I have heard horror stories about All stars.
Our rental was for about 4 -5 weeks so great value. We were at WDW for 2 weeks.
I think the problem with Contemp might have been the monorail system is constantly being checked and re checked and they are so nervous about it the queues were really bad...so more are getting buses.

I would never be without a car though. I was the driver and coped well with driving on the wrong side of the road. I had perfected it so well I got us from Anaheim to LAX at night in traffic in good time. [Of course it had implications on my driving when I got back :rolleyes1]
And driving around the World is really easy with a million signs.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!:cheer2:

If we had the money we'd probably get a car too, for extra side trips, dining etc. But we're on somewhat of a budget, and can't justify the extra expense.

Thank you for your reassurances! lol. It's our first overseas trip as adults, and of course, first time to WDW, so we're very excited and nervous.

3.5 weeks in Florida, here we come! :yay:

If we had the money we'd probably get a car too, for extra side trips, dining etc. But we're on somewhat of a budget, and can't justify the extra expense.

Thank you for your reassurances! lol. It's our first overseas trip as adults, and of course, first time to WDW, so we're very excited and nervous.

3.5 weeks in Florida, here we come! :yay:

We stayed at AKL for 21 nights and we didn't have a car. I heard so many reports about it being so far out and relying on the buses. The bus system is fantastic and not once did I feel like we needed a car. We took taxis to different shopping centres on Orlando, as our resort was a was out, we took the bus to DTD and took a taxi from there. Took about $15 off the cab fare.
I would not worry about not having a car.

We are going for 21 nights again in Sept/Oct staying again at AKL and BC and won't have a car again. We will just cab it if we need to, as we didn't find the cabs too expensive before.

I saw you had ordered from Garden Grocer. We ordered from them too last trip, it was great! :thumbsup2 We will be using them again for the upcoming trip, saves going to the supermarket and is great to have snacks etc. We ordered things like laundry powder too, its $1 per single sachet at the resort laundries and I think we paid about $3 for a full box! and being there for 21 nights we did plenty of laundry. If you unexpectedly need anything from the pharmacy whilst you are there, Turners Drugs delivers to all Disney Resorts and pretty quickly, within a couple of hours I think. We needed to order twice from them. Once the concierge placed the order for us and then we had the number so called and ordered again and they will charge to your room bill.

Anyway, have a fantastic trip :wizard:

Thanks for your reply aussietravellers,

And thank you so much for that Turner Drugs tip! I'd missed that little piece of info in my research. Very good to know.

We'll make sure to take cabs for anything that's not an easy and/or direct bus route.

Leaving tomorrow night, still doesn't feel real yet! :)

Have you checked out Anaheim plaza we got 28 nights for less than what yur paying for 21 when we stayed there in december

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter