How busy is DL - April 23 to April 28?

NORR66

Earning My Ears
Our family (2 adults & a 6 year old) have booked a trip for the week of the 23rd of April. I believe all the spring breakers will be gone this week, so how busy will the park be on this week? We arrive late on the 22nd of April, so we won't get to the park until Sunday morning. Our son has never been to DL. Thanks :banana:

We'll also be there then (our first trip.) The various Spring break vacations should be over. HOWEVER, due to the 50th Anniversary, the current Kids Play Free special ending on 4/27, and some So Cal ticket deal expiring also on 4/27, it might be a bit busy.

As someone else pointed out, the park closing time is a good indicator of the crowd size expected, and it is still at 10pm; if it were midnight, they'd be expecting big crowds. Here's hoping it's not too crowded, and we all have a great time!

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it may be busy, but not as crowded as the previous 2 weeks. Looking forward to it. Haven't been since '99, so we haven't been to DCA. Want to judge for ourselves if it's a bad/good as people are saying.

That is the last week for my kids of spring break and we too will be there the same days.

My neighbor is a TA and yesterday said that the DL area was very busy (hotel booking VERY high) between now and May 1st.

I as well was looking for the same information. I had hoped spring break would be completed by this time. Also saw in another post, that on Monday 4/24 the park will close at 5pm for the premier of POTC. That stinks as everyone will have to leave. I was planning that day, but I am rethinking after reading that!

I'm pretty sure the early closing is 6/24. On the Disney site, 4/24 showing the hours of 9am-10pm. 6/24 (Saturday) is 6:30am-5pm.

HTH!

This is exciting..so many of us going the same week. I think everything I have read and put together is that it is going to be moderate to very busy. I know all the hotels are booking up fast for that week. The prices have changed dramatically from when we first began planning about 3 months ago. We are all going to have too much fun to notice a few extra elbows, tho!

Hurray, end of April-ers!! :lmao:

:banana: Hey everyone!!!

I will be at DL with all of you! This is our (DH 37, DS 3, me 27) first trip to DL... I am a WDW Girl so I am really excited to see the differences between the parks. We are staying at the DL Hotel and the more I look at it the more excited I get! Anyone have any must do suggestions for First timers?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter