• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How busy is DVC during Memorial Day wknd?

Degli

DIS Veteran
Has anyone gone to WDW and DVC the week before Memorial Day? How busy is it during the weekend? :confused: Thanks.

DVC - OKW wasn't too bad - the parks were - Epcot (yes Epcot) had several hour long waits - we didn't even try the other parks - Studios or MK or AK - because Epcot except for the new rides generally has the least wait.

we saw these long lines for the Journey into the Imagnation ride and we left.....

the WDW parks, all of them, were closed by 10:00AM.

However I really think that was a strange time - because I have NEVER heard of the WDW parks being that crowded since on MD.

Spaceship Earth always has a long line - so don't even judge by that ride.

hope your visit is much more pleasant.

the week before was great - hardly anyone there at all - that might be while we left - once you get use to the park begin almost empty it is very hard to deal with crowds again.

this was a long time ago - before BCV was even built.

We decided on a last minute trip to WDW last Memorial Day weekend. I called MS about 3 or 4 weeks out, and was not able to get either a studio or 1BR at VWL, which was where we prefer to stay for very short visits. We ended up using points to stay at AKL. Parks were crowded on that Sunday, but not terrible. It was very hot, so we ended up spending Memorial Day, itself, at Typhoon Lagoon.

We were there this past May 16th- 27th. The first week was pure heaven but as it headed towards Memorial Day weekend the crowds grew. But that also was the DVC Member's event weekend so that might have made the crowds larger.

We did the week leading in to Memorial Day last year. The crowds during the week were fine, but the weekend itself was pretty busy. (This was the members weekend event). We did Epcot on Saturday, and were surprised at how short our wait times were. It was very hot that week and weekend. I would avoid MK on the weekend if possible. One thing that might help this year is local crowd attendance might possibly be less. The weekend itself will probably be bad but the week might be less crowded, because of adjusted school calendars. Our kids here are having to make up 2 weeks of missed school because of Hurricane Ivan. I'm sure that Florida schools are in even worse shape than we, because of all the storms they suffered. I know Pensacola missed at least a month of school that they will have to make up. I'm sure a lot of the schools that are normally out by the end of May, will be in session well into June.

We were also there since it was Member Homecoming. I don't think we'll plan a trip at this time again. Much more crowded than we cared for. Even just staying and enjoying the pool wasn't relaxing as it was very crowded too. MK was really crowded on Saturday, we went there only for breakfast and by the time we left, it was packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter