How Busy is Spring Break

lpizzuro123

DIS Veteran
Would love to go to DL to celebrate the 50th Celebration. We usually head to WDW at least twice a year (we are going this year the week between Christmas and New Years Eve - I know it will be busy but we have done this in the past - my boyfriends father lives in Orlando so this makes it real easy) but have never been to DL. The only time I can see us going would be spring break next year (around Easter 2006). My boyfriends son really wants to come with us. This year he is a senior in high school and will be starting college next September. He usually works in the summer (besides getting ready for college) so I think spring break 2006 would work. We would be looking at going around April 13 (day before Good Friday) through April 20 or 21. I am not sure if we would stay there the whole time (there is so much to do in the area) or maybe also check out the San Diego Zoo. Can some DL "in the know" people give me some help. Also, would you suggest a Disney hotel or one of the Good Neighbor hotels. Would love to stay on Disney property but reading all the different threads, it seems like alot of people are very happy staying off property. It seems like alot of people go back and forth to their hotels during the day (something we usually do not do at WDW) because they seem so close and easy to get to.

Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks,
Linda

I was at DL last Spring Break. It was the week that ended with Good Friday and Easter Sunday. The Wed. and Thurs. were manageable, but Fri. and Sat. were a zoo. Huge lines and too many people. The problem with Spring Break in California is that it conincides with Easter. The two holidays in one week create massive crowds with very long lines. The gates will open at 8:00am, but I would be there at least 45 min. before opening. The lines to get in were so long that the DL lineup met at the centre with the DCA line.

We arrived April 21 last year. the crowds on Monday, Tues and Wed were small and the rest of the week busy. If you are looking at going to San Diego I would go there on the weekend and DL during the week.

We stayed at the DL hotel and loved it, and although the price off site is tempting, I am sure we will go back on property.

In the past Spring Break has always been very crowded, but this year it wasn't so bad. I think most people were waiting for the official kick off of the 50th party on May 5.

I would think that if you can handle crowds at WDW the week after Christmas, then you'll be ok at DL during Spring Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter