• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How comfortable are you speaking in front of large groups of people?

Hate it....not comfortable at all.
Way back.....froze up giving talks or presenting projects at school. I would even take being sick to stay home.
I hate being the center and all eyes on me

In a room 20-30 peers and a topic I am very comfortable with no problem. Larger group I am very uncomfortable. I am on a board of an association and will move up to president in 2 years so will have to speak in front on the group. We typically have about 250 people at our conferences. I am dreading it.

It is one of my worst fears. I have done it twice - eulogies - my husband and my niece. I think I did a good job both times, but I had to dig deep to get through them.

Totally comfortable. I'm a corporate trainer by trade, before that I was in sales and my first degree was in theater.

It's not something I actively seek out, but I've always been fine with giving presentations when necessary.

It's not something I actively seek out, but I've always been fine with giving presentations when necessary.

That’s pretty much me as well. So long as I am prepared and know my subject well, I can do it but I won’t be the person raising their hand to volunteer. I am more nervous one on one, but can usually use some appropriate humor to get me through. I just had to deal with a small team of auditors at work on Tuesday, and humor really helped get me through that. My boss gave me a lot of compliments for how I handled the audit.

Usually not a problem. I've done technical trainings in my office and have been worship leader at my church several times. Ran church-wide business meetings for 3 years.

It’s where I’m most comfortable. In front of a crowd, large or small. I’m just a talker in general. I was a theatre major and performed professionally before teaching. I don’t mind if it’s a room full of students or an auditorium full of adults. My favorite thing to say to the kids during rehearsals when they’re not paying attention is, “All eyes on me. You know I love attention!”:jumping1:

I stand up and talk in front of kids all the time, but adults are a whole different story! I've done it and I guess I'm ok at it but I really prefer not to.

Public speaking is not for everyone. I, for instance, always have some kind of anxiety when I need to speak in front of an audience, or when I am the center of attention. I notice that in time it gets better. But it depends on what mood I am in. If I speak to someone one on one and I don't know them well, I also struggle a bit. But once I get to know them and they me, the conversation runs smoothly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter