How crowded is it behind the castle during fireworks?

Gussie Granger 1969

Mouseketeer
I had a plan to ride Minetrain as soon as fireworks start then walk to Tommorowland. How easy is this with crowds, will there be barriers? The reason I ask is I vaugly remember barriers once when we were walking back there. Thanks

We did this last trip and it was not crowded at all. Plus you are surrounded by the fireworks, short ones go off by the castle and the big high ones go off toward Tom Sawyer island.

As a bonus the wait for 7dmt was only around 30 minutes (park closure was at 8 at same time as fireworks.)

When we have watched it from the back area, it was never very crowded.

They rope off the area right around the back of the castle for fireworks fallout, but nothing usually past the carousel. You should be fine with your plan.

Having seen HEA from the front several times now, I enjoy the viewing from back there.

Shhh! As far as I'm concerned, that's the best kept secret as long as you don't mind not seeing the castle projections. And to me, being able to get a sundae at [what's the name of the place -across from PVH], and sit eating it while the fireworks go off all around you-priceless! For that, I'll happily give up the castle projections.

We did this over Thanksgiving week last year. Virtually no one back there. Did not mind missing the projections. And, as a bonus, we hit the New Fantasyland attractions immediately after with no wait whatsoever.

One time we sat on benches behind the castle during the fireworks and it honestly felt like we were the only ones there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter