How crowded on Saturday, Sept. 30?

ElizabethB

<font color=teal>I have a raw meat fetish. Who kne
We're thinking of going to Disneyland on Saturday, Sept. 30, before leaving for a cruise on Sunday. How crowded do you think it will be? I tried to book one of the Disney hotels through AAA for September 28 and 29 and they were completely sold out. That got me very concerned. The AAA agent told me everyone wants to be there for the end of the 50th Anniversary Celebration.

I'd appreciate any Disney experts who can weigh in on how crowded it will be. We were last there the day after Thanksgiving 2005 and it was absolutely body-to-body it was so crowded. We ended up getting on only one ride all day -- and we stayed until midnight. To my knowledge they never closed either park to additional customers. It was so miserable that I refuse to ever do that again.

If it's going to be too crowded, we'll either go to the beach or to Knott's.

Thanks.

ElizabethB said:
We're thinking of going to Disneyland on Saturday, Sept. 30, before leaving for a cruise on Sunday. How crowded do you think it will be?
Sept 30 is now the final official day of the 50th celebration (Disney changed the final day from Oct 2 to Sept 30). I suspect it will be more crowded than typical Sept 30ths. The hotel availability may be an indicator.

I doubt it will be as bad as Thanksgiving. Hope this helps.

We are also worried about that particular weekend. All the DLR hotels are completely booked out, not a single room, suite, nothing :(

DH got an extra work bonus, so thought we'd try and stay onsite for some of our trip as we are there for 7 days, nothing at all is available for the entire stay (23-30 Sept). It has us worried if this is an indication of the crowds.

At least we have an 8 day hopper, so hopefully we can still get everything done. We also have a 2 year old, which will slow us down as much as the crowds!!LOL

Enjoy the day if you go.
Cheers
Angela

1/2 marathon is 9/15 - 9/17 that may be part of it - folks staying longer. Also there are AP discounts on hotels right now - so maybe local folks are just staying at the park for a treat

ALso some folks coming for the end of the 50th may be very dissappointed - much of the stuff is coming down and moving out already.

It is the first weekend of Haunted Mansion Holiday edition so that will bring crowds too.

ElizabethB said:
We're thinking of going to Disneyland on Saturday, Sept. 30, before leaving for a cruise on Sunday. How crowded do you think it will be? I tried to book one of the Disney hotels through AAA for September 28 and 29 and they were completely sold out. That got me very concerned. The AAA agent told me everyone wants to be there for the end of the 50th Anniversary Celebration.

I'd appreciate any Disney experts who can weigh in on how crowded it will be. We were last there the day after Thanksgiving 2005 and it was absolutely body-to-body it was so crowded. We ended up getting on only one ride all day -- and we stayed until midnight. To my knowledge they never closed either park to additional customers. It was so miserable that I refuse to ever do that again.

If it's going to be too crowded, we'll either go to the beach or to Knott's.

Thanks.

The reason everything is booked up, is because of the POTC Quest for GOLD contest on the 28th. The contest winners will be there doing whatever it is they are doing. I will be there the 27-29th too. I honestly dont' think it has anything to do with the 50th. Also remember on friday the 29th is the first day the HM reopens and the Halloween stuff will go up. Lucky me I booked my trip for this busy weekend.

blah. Sat I head to Lego Land so maybe it wont' be crowed.

Leofoenget said:
The reason everything is booked up, is because of the POTC Quest for GOLD contest on the 28th. The contest winners will be there doing whatever it is they are doing. I will be there the 27-29th too. I honestly dont' think it has anything to do with the 50th. Also remember on friday the 29th is the first day the HM reopens and the Halloween stuff will go up. Lucky me I booked my trip for this busy weekend.

blah. Sat I head to Lego Land so maybe it wont' be crowed.

That's it! I forgot about this as I am not questing for Gold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter