How did Mattel develop the Disney Classics Doll Series of the 90's?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Since it debuted in 1991 with Disney's Cinderella and Prince Charming dolls first in the series I always wondered how Disney developed the Disney Classics doll line? Because I was amazed at the marvelous job that Mattel did to make the dolls look like the movie characters and the first doll I got was the Cinderella doll and she was awesome. Then they added Sleeping Beauty next and Beauty And The Beast and Aladdin. But I don't know why they stopped putting Disney Classics on the boxes of the later dolls like The Hunchback Of Notre Dame dolls the Pocahontas dolls and Mulan dolls. Were those dolls part of a different Mattel Disney doll series?

Which of the 90's Disney Classics doll series are the most collectible? Because I know that the Cinderella Doll from that series is highly collectible because she has a unique face mold that was a non-Barbie face mold that had never been used for any Mattel doll. Also I noticed that there was a Lady Tremaine costume set and a Fairy Godmother Costume set and they first debuted in boxes but Mattel changed the packaging to what they called a flat pack and the first box versions of those costume sets are collectible. Is this true?

I also discovered that Mattel also added dolls of Davy Crockett and a Pirates Of The Caribbean pirate doll to the Disney Classics Line in 1993/94 that were Disneyland exclusives and are the two most sought after dolls of the Mattel Disney Classics doll line. Mattel and Disney were smart to team up to make the Disney Classics dolls and I think it was one of the sought after Disney Mattel doll lines ever made

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter