How did The Cheetah Girls get so popular?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I first learned about The Cheetah Girls when I saw the very first Cheetah Girls book in a Kmart store and I bought it and liked the other books in The Cheetah Girls book series as well. And based on the movie based on the book series I never knew why Disney decided to make The Cheetah Girls popular? Because when The Cheetah Girls 2 came out The Cheetah Girls were becoming big celebrities and making TV appearences on TV shows and appearing in magazines and doing meet and greets at malls. But I think the main reason why The Cheetah Girls were popular was because of Raven Symone and since two members of the group 3LW were in it that's what made them popular. I also think when author Deborah Gregory wrote The Cheetah Girls book series I think she planned to turn it into a huge empire with the movies and music and it really paid off well

I think the main reason why The Cheetah Girls became so popular for Disney was because Disney had longed for another hit movie franchise because seeing how successful High School Musical became for Disney Channel they had hoped The Cheetah Girls movie would do the same thing and because of that movie a franchise was created with The Cheetah Girls 2 Cheetah Girls One World and the group themselves became huge by releasing merchandise such as dolls clothing albums and even a Christmas album and video games and Disney made Raven Symone a bigger star than ever due to The Cheetah Girls and now you don't hardly hear about the other members of The Cheetah Girls since the group split and it tells me that when you take a Disney movie with music the stars get spun-off into a real singing group. After all the same thing happened to The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family in the 60's

I think the main reason why The Cheetah Girls became so popular for Disney was because Disney had longed for another hit movie franchise because seeing how successful High School Musical became for Disney Channel they had hoped The Cheetah Girls movie would do the same thing and because of that movie a franchise was created with The Cheetah Girls 2 Cheetah Girls One World and the group themselves became huge by releasing merchandise such as dolls clothing albums and even a Christmas album and video games and Disney made Raven Symone a bigger star than ever due to The Cheetah Girls and now you don't hardly hear about the other members of The Cheetah Girls since the group split and it tells me that when you take a Disney movie with music the stars get spun-off into a real singing group. After all the same thing happened to The Brady Bunch and The Partridge Family in the 60's
The Cheetah Girls DCOM came out three years before High School Musical.

The Cheetah Girls DCOM came out three years before High School Musical.

Yeah, and it's a similar formula - a group of affable teens, catchy pop songs, and relatable problems. It's not that surprising that it was successful. Disney knows how to make that stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter