How did you find the DIS?

pal2pluto

Has a hidden stash of Trentino Moscato!
Just wondering how you all came to find this board? I was checking out cruisecritic.com boards and Barb happened to post about Disney Cruises. I e-mailed her personally, and she quickly responded and directed me here:p This is the best link I've ever followed!!!

Found the DIS while looking for DVC info. Started lurking on the cruise forum when we booked a cruise for 2/03 back in 3/02.

Was searching for cruise info, found Barb's site, who brought me here and it's been

Hook, Line and Sinker!

And thanks to Barb I got a SPR and found Shirley!

I go nutz when I can't DIS now!

Scratch
:crazy:

I was coaxed ;) into buying a DVC membership and immediately booked a cruise with my points. The DVC member who clued me in in the first place told me that I really needed to check out the cruise board. I visited once, answered about two dozen questions I had, and was hooked!

Put Disney Cruise Line in search and came up with a ton of sites and somehow came upon the Disboards. Was awhile ago so don't remember exactly which site eventually took me here.

Joanna

I did a search for information on WDW for our first visit to WDW and first cruise in April of 2001. I was on morning and evenings every day until we left. The amount of info is amazing! Now we are planning our second trip on the Magic and here I am everyday again. The only problem is that work really interferes with visiting the DIS!!
Kim

I was one of the original DIS posters way back when there were just a couple hundred of us. I found it because at that time there were few Disney sites around. I had thousands of posts and then the boards all changed so I lost the posts and then I was gone for a bit and now I'm back off and on.

I started looking for WDW info like Park Hours, special events, ticket prices, etc and I noticed there was a discussion area one day.

The original site I started with was www.wdwinfo.com

I did a lot of lurking for several months until I had a question that I didn't see the answer to, so I registered and asked.

After months of researching DCL and WDW websites, I found Dave's website and followed his link here. I'm sure there were links on some of the other sites, but for some reason I picked that night to click on it, and the rest is history. ;) Now DH has to share me with the DIS boards. LOL :p

Joined DVC about 3 years ago, but really didn't find out about the DIS until Dec of 2001 while surfing the net.:D

Two winters back I broke my arm shoveling snow. I am right handed and it was my left so I could still serf the net. It was about the only thing I could do since I was in a full cast. I found Barb's sight and found the DIS through Barb. Thankyou Barb! I still love the DIS and DCL. DCL cruise #5 is March '03. Kathy

I was searching and dreaming about doing another WDW vacation so I did a search on Yahoo and came across WDW Info Station. I have been hooked ever since! Not been to another info site since.

Found this site in late 2000 while planning our 1st trip to WDW as a family. In 2001 we planned a cruise with DCL for 2002. On the cruise we then joined DVC. I don't know how people get the most out of the parks or cruises without these boards. I know they have helped us a lot and saved us time & $$ by people sharing discount codes and where to stay and what to do's.

Thanks everyone!

When reading an article in a magazine, like Family Fun or something I found this web site. Used it for researching our first family trip to wdw in 2000. started up again when first researching the possibility of taking my Girl Scout troop. Almost couln't fimd it again.
By the way, albiats, not to be stupid or something, but that is the web address that I use. What else is there?

I found the DIS while looking for information about joining DVC in later 1999. We joined DVC in January of 2000 and i continued to lurk until I finally registered and started posting in Feb. of 2000. The boards have been a great source of info and now I wouldn't think of starting my day without them.

I found the DIS by a recommendation of a friend and I have passed on the information to as many people as I can!!!!!

I am definately hooked!!! My hubby and kids always know where to find me! Oh know, there goes mom on DIS board again!!!

Hey, they never complain when we cruise and I know the inside scoop!!!!

MJ

I believe it was through www.wdwinfo.com.

I have been on this board ever since and I LOVE it. It is the best resource out there as well as Barb's site, Dave's site and Deb's site - thank you all for your help. This upcoming trip just wouldn't be the same without everyone's help.

Thanks to you all!!

Lisa

I'm so glad to see that I've been able to "share the addiction!" :D :D :D :D
Whenever I don't know an answer, this (along with Dave's site) is where I always refer people who email me via my website. I know they will always get a friendly reception (unless they ask about reusing drink mugs, ha ha) and that SOMEONE here will know the answers. Some discussion boards and groups are very cliquish and do not welcome new members, but DIS is not like that at all...that's one of the things that I love about it.
I've gotten many thank-yous from people I've referred here who have visited the site and gotten a fast response. Thanks to all my fellow DISers who make this THE best DCL resource!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter