How do I get a window seat for my PS ressie at Calif.Grill?

Cinda Indiana

Earning My Ears
Already booked PS for 7:50 (Wishes at 9 that night) and when I called, mentioned I would like a window seat. Now that I recall, she made no comment. Any tips?

Just show up early and ask to wait until one is available. There's no guarantee you will get one. I have been there for the fireworks several times and have never had a window seat and it is still great. They will hold your meals if you are in between courses if you would like to walk outside to the observation deck. Enjoy the food, it's a great place to eat.

You can try for the window table, but as dine-junkie says, it isn't critical. Now we never ask for one--just get up and walk out on the deck for the brief show, then back to the table.

LAH:
Dress "code" is "smart casual", which has a variety of meanings. Strictly speaking, it means no swim suits or tank tops for men. Almost anything else is acceptable. You will see every sort of dress imaginable at CG--many folks do dress up a bit, but we don't--we're in theme park casual and never ever been any sort of problem. So--if you really WANT to dress up, by all means do so. But you don't have to--.

Originally posted by Cinda Indiana
Already booked PS for 7:50 (Wishes at 9 that night) and when I called, mentioned I would like a window seat. Now that I recall, she made no comment. Any tips?

Like the others said, "Arrive early"
We were there just about two weeks ago, and thought it would be an off night. It was a Thursday, before Thanksgiving.
The wait was 20 minutes for PS, and 1 1/2 hours for walk-ins.

So, I suggest you arrive as much as 1-hour early, tell the podium that you know you are early, that you would like a window table and that you will be waiting patiently in the lounge area. They should be able to give you an accurate assessment of how long it will be and at that time you could decide if it is worth the wait. We had a beautiful window table and the view is just spectatular! But, as far as Wishes is concerned, it's not that important since you have access to the Observation Decks.

Have a great time and please remember to put your review here!

HELLO FELLOW DISNEY FANS,

I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION FOR EVERYONE. OUR PS AT CG IS 6:20PM. I WOULD ALSO LIKE A WINDOW SEAT. WHAT TIME DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD ARRIVE? 5:30? 5:45?

THANKS,

LAH

LAH--

Check out when they open and then arrive accordingly.

When I was there I had a 6pm PS and arrived there at 530 when they opened and was seated right away at a window seat. They tried to get me to sit at the counter because I was a single, but I insisted on a table, I never mentioned a window seat.

I think that I must have hit it at a good time. I arrived at 7:15 for a 7:30 priority seating on a Saturday night. I was told it would be 20-30 minutes for a table. I requested a window seat and they said that they would be able to seat me right away. I found that a little bit strange, but I wasn't about to complain!!

DZNY,

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I WILL HAVE TO CHECK AND SEE WHAT TIME THEY OPEN ON THE NIGHT I WILL BE THERE.

LAH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter