how do you get picked for ollivanders?

tnt426

Earning My Ears
lots of people have been talking about how they got picked for ollivanders, so when i go their i want my 12 year old son to get picked. so how will he get picked when we go to ollivanders wand shop?

i dont really think theres a systematic way to get picked. when we went, the man picked two twenty something year old women to go together. I really is just kinda random. best advice. make sure he can be seen but not in the very very front.

When we went, he picked the first kid he saw as he was coming down the stairs. I think standing in front of the stairs rather than in front of the counter may be beneficial.

From what I've seen, be 7 years old and cute. Oh yeah, and in front. ;)

We were there just 2 days ago.

A cute 7'ish blonde girl was picked almost immediately after the door was closed. She didn't have any special HP stuff on - just a regular kid.

I don't think there is any way you can make sure your kid is picked.

hi guys thanks for helping out with my question. but i would like more replys so please get your friends to help out with my question. thanks

So, do kids usually dress up when they visit the park? In a robe or something? Am wondering if that would help them get picked or not?

The first time we went to Ollivanders my son, who was 17 at the time, was chosen. The next time we went, he was 21, and got chosen again. We call him magical pixiedust:.

I like it!!!

Lucky lad :thumbsup2 .........Nice to hear it's not always little kids getting picked..........

If you really want to get chosen, my suggestion would be to go to Diagon Alley on an early entry day, and go straight to Ollivander's. You may end up with a private showing, or at least a much smaller group. Last month my wife and I were about 15 seconds away from getting a two-person group, so that one of us was guaranteed to be chosen. At the last minute, a family with a nine-year-old appeared, and we knew we were toast.

Not to worry - the line for Gringott's should still be all right when you get out. (Besides, if the line there is too short, you miss out on enjoying the cool stuff in the queue.)

We've been several times and never picked - but I think my eldest was almost picked once. He was told to stand in a certain spot and stood further back. He's 12 but looks a little older. No one in our family came close to being picked before and we have three kids. They've picked adults far more than kids when we've been in there. (Though the time my eldest was almost picked, they did end up picking someone else's child).

Go during EE instead of riding, or maybe before riding, Gringotts and hope its empty :D

From what I've seen, he's the right age range and has a good shot. We've watched 4 times, and every time they chose a 12ish year old kid. I think the little ones may get upset when they get laughs from the others during the ceremony and they aim for a little older.
Our kids were picked because we were persistent. ;) We went through once and another child was chosen. We got back in line and circled back through. There was probably only one show in between so I'm guessing he noticed us. He had both of our boys go together and then pulled my 5 year old daughter aside after everyone left and did a quick private mini-fitting for her. It was a magical few minutes. :)
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Dd has been picked twice. We ended up front of the line both times so were chatting to the Cms ( do they check the child can speak English to interact?) Dd was also wearing her robe. First time she was 8 second time age 9. The second time we did it there were only a few people in was just before closing and they chose dd and the only other girl.

Go during EE instead of riding, or maybe before riding, Gringotts and hope its empty :D
we tried this stategy twice in November with my GD. Both times we we only ones there with a kid (5, looks younger); thought we had it made...

nope, along came a tween boy both times and was selected. One didn't look especially into it. The parents standing next to us commented as to how they weren't familiar with HP:crazy:probably thought they were getting on a ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter