How does she know that you love her? A trip to WDW of course! (A Princess Challenge PTR)

Zaranthenia

Earning My Ears
Long time lurker, first time poster! Welcome to my very first *pre* trip report!

Redid this first post to be an index for everything! Hopefully it makes it easier as this gets longer for anyone who wants to follow along:-)

PTR Part 1: A Quick Trip Synopsis

Last edited:
Hi Zara! Great start to your PTR so far, excited to be following along! popcorn::

Sounds like you have some great plans. It's awesome that you're a runner and you'll be participating in the race! Good luck to you!

Awh thanks, I'm excited to just add the the community as I love reading others reports!

Appreciate the luck, I'm sure I'll need it :laughing:

A Quick Trip Synopsis!

I'm headed to Orlando to run the Princess 10k and Half Marathon, also known as the Fairytale Challenge! This will be my 2nd and 3rd runDisney races as I ran the Wine & Dine 10k last November and I was immediately hooked. I've since signed up for the Chills and Thrills challenge in Disneyland this September and I plan to run Princess every year from now on.

20231103_122057.jpg
Wine & Dine Expo (babies first bib!) circa 2023

May I introduce your cast of characters for this trip report:
Me, your narrator extraordinaire, slow runner, and Disney obsessed adult, Zara.
My Disney husband, who (bless him) loves his wife so much he lets her spend all their $ on Disney, Drew.

Our friends, (another couple) who have never been to WDW but have been convinced by my constant prattling on, em & m.

IMG_2176.jpg
DH and I @ Flower & Garden circa 2018

I'll be doing my first ever split stay this trip with 2 nights at the Coronado followed by 6 nights at Art of Animation - it's only my 2nd time ever staying on property so I chose AoA as I'd already stayed at Pop! in November. Plus it was a better budgetary fit for our friends vs the original Contemporary Garden Wing room I had booked, the theming was more Disney AND we will have skyliner access.

The dates for our trip are February 22nd - March 1st. I tried specifically to plan around not only my races but being in the parks when the Flower & Garden festival started as it is my favorite EPCOT festival! Luckily base on historical start dates I felt VERY confident it would begin February 28th and I was right, lol.

To conserve vacation time I will be flying down 2/22 but everyone else will be driving down and arrive late on 2/23 to meet me!

I can't wait to share my trip with you all and join this community that has brought me so much joy when I'm away from the parks, see ya real soon with my next update - a little bit about me, what parks I've planned for what days, the ADRs I've made, and what I'm going to attempt to pack in my carry-on when flying Frontier! (wish me luck!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter