How does the Shareholder thing work?

Okay guys, I have decided to take the giant leap and look into becoming a shareholder (and one of my friend is doing the same!). The perks just seem way too good to pass up.
So what's it really like being a shareholder? Have you ever had any trouble with CM in the Disney Store not knowing what your card was or how to process a discount? Have you lost money from doing this?

Okay guys, I have decided to take the giant leap and look into becoming a shareholder (and one of my friend is doing the same!). The perks just seem way too good to pass up.
So what's it really like being a shareholder? Have you ever had any trouble with CM in the Disney Store not knowing what your card was or how to process a discount? Have you lost money from doing this?

if you look on them as a long-term investment for all the discounts shareholders club offers you (especially at DLP) there isn't any way you can lose money from joining the club :confused3.
The only "trouble" I've had at Disney stores here in the UK is that they've applied a 20% discount instead of a 10% one on occasion. Its perfectly normal for a manager to be called over, at both stores here and at DLP, to authorise your discount, so don't worry about that.
I love being a shareholder - being able to knock at the door of Salon Mickey is a very special feeling :goodvibes.

Go on ~ do it!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

With three daughters (who are all big on retail therapy) I think my card paid for itself on our first visit! :rotfl2: I've had a couple of occasions where a CM in the UK hasn't been familiar with the card (usually it's because they're new and haven't come across one yet) but it's not been a problem as the manager who comes to authorise it has always recognised it and they've never made me feel like an awkward customer.
The only "trouble" I've had at Disney stores here in the UK is that they've applied a 20% discount instead of a 10% one on occasion.
LOL!
I love being a shareholder - being able to knock at the door of Salon Mickey is a very special feeling :goodvibes.

Oh, most definitely. ::yes::

Just bought my shares but it says the proof of shareholder position has to be at least 3 months earlier - is this a new rule?

Just bought my shares but it says the proof of shareholder position has to be at least 3 months earlier - is this a new rule?

where are you looking Ashtara? is it a translation problem, and it actually means "within the last 3 months" - as that would be the logical thing wouldn't it?

It said it on my confirmation e-mail:

Thank you for your interest in the Euro Disney S.C.A. Shareholders Club.

We have received your membership information.

Please print out your form, sign it and then mail or fax to the Shareholders Club.

Please include:
- A recent proof of your position as a shareholder dated at least 3 months before (For example: bank account statement, contract note, certificate from your financial intermediary ...).
Please note that electronic prints of online statements are not accepted.

I'm absolutely sure that means "within the last 3 months" Ashtara, nothing to worry about :).

I've just received my shareholders card i've been dancing around the living room!

I can confirm that i applied for my shares around the middle of november, sent of all the paper work to the shareholders club straight away and then received a confirmation e-mail from Disney early december. today i have received my card in the post, the date franked on the envelope says 7-1-11. hopefully the service should be quicker now as there is now snow or christmas to hold up the process.

I am sold on the shares! I want to buy 20, please can someone talk me through how to do it? I still dont really understand :confused: do i have to have a halifax bank account? I am going on the 14th Feb so want to do it QUICK!

thank you very much, i've opened an account online now, so just need to wait for the paperwork, i hope i can get it sorted before we go next month!

Hi all

I opened a Halifax share dealing acc last night and bought my shares this morning, all very easy. I have also just phoned the halifax share dealing helpline to check all has gone through ok and they confirmed my purchase and are forwarding any details required directly to the shareholders club for me.:worship:
So so easy!

Any questions feel free to PM me.

Have fun everyone
Suzanne

I haven't seen anything on how to buy from the USA. Calling my broker this morning. Hoping to get it done for our end of March trip!

Just wondered if anyone else had had problems faxing their info? The number I have been given by a friendly french chap from the shareholders team this afternoon is 3300164745636, I guess I have to put the 00 in front of this but it just keeps coming up as engaged:confused3

Please help me as I really want the discount for our trip in February :banana:

Hi shell2001,
Elaine, Jackie, Elaine and Reid welcome you to the DLP DIS board :goodvibes

We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1477038,
DIS posting guidelines can be found here
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

Just wondered if anyone else had had problems faxing their info? The number I have been given by a friendly french chap from the shareholders team this afternoon is 3300164745636, I guess I have to put the 00 in front of this but it just keeps coming up as engaged:confused3

Please help me as I really want the discount for our trip in February :banana:

that number looks a bit mixed up to me for France - I think it should be in the format 0033164745636.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter