How does the Shareholder thing work?

Ha!
I got a letter today, and it turns out I still have to fill out the online form to join the SH club,:confused: i must have misunderstood what he meant but at least my letter and pin arrived today
so going to fill in the online form now...popcorn::

Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully my letter will turn up soon. Is your letter something you can use in DLP (i.e. temporary proof of your membership)?

Does anyone think this would be worth doing for a family of 5 coming over from Australia? We'll be staying 5 nights/6days.

I am wading through this thread trying to figure out how much it would cost to set up a Halifax account and buy 20 shares or would we be better off just buying the 5 share minimum?

Does anyone think this would be worth doing for a family of 5 coming over from Australia? We'll be staying 5 nights/6days.

I am wading through this thread trying to figure out how much it would cost to set up a Halifax account and buy 20 shares or would we be better off just buying the 5 share minimum?

i only bought shares as i go twice a year so after two trips they had paid for themselves. if you are just going once i would say its not worth it. you would have to spend at least 900 euros just to get value of them back before you got any straight discounts

Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully my letter will turn up soon. Is your letter something you can use in DLP (i.e. temporary proof of your membership)?

No the letter I received has nothing to do with dlp, I need to fax it over or post it.
I might sell my shares back as my husband mentioned we don't know quite where the money is going and what it gets used on, so I'm in bit of a tizz, the website wasn't much help either? Any ideas?:surfweb:

I just tried ringing the Shareholders club on 00 800 64745630 and I got a number error message. I tried on both my land line and my mobile.

Finally got through, on 00800647456301, but now I'm stuck in the automated French phone system (press 1, press 2 etc.). Any ideas?

When you mention Pin, do you mean a pin number or have you actually received a pin (badge type pin).

No the letter I received has nothing to do with dlp, I need to fax it over or post it.
I might sell my shares back as my husband mentioned we don't know quite where the money is going and what it gets used on, so I'm in bit of a tizz, the website wasn't much help either? Any ideas?:surfweb:

What money do you mean?:confused3 the share money is put back into the company you buy the shares for

Also if you sell the shares back, you may lose out as the value may have dropped & you wil lhave to pay another commission to sell them

plus, if you sell your shares back now, are you still technically a shareholder?

also, when you want to renew your shareholder card in 2 years it won't cost anything, but if you sell your shares now you will have to buy more in 2 years!

finally, you're not going to lose alot of money even if the value of the shares goes down before you want to sell them as it is so low at the moment! i reccon i'm just forever going to own at least these 20 disney shares.

What money do you mean?:confused3 the share money is put back into the company you buy the shares for

Also if you sell the shares back, you may lose out as the value may have dropped & you wil lhave to pay another commission to sell them

plus, if you sell your shares back now, are you still technically a shareholder?

also, when you want to renew your shareholder card in 2 years it won't cost anything, but if you sell your shares now you will have to buy more in 2 years!

finally, you're not going to lose alot of money even if the value of the shares goes down before you want to sell them as it is so low at the moment! i reccon i'm just forever going to own at least these 20 disney shares.

That's what I said to him! I don't see the point in selling them now that I have them. Though in my brief search the shares seem to have something to do with some security company called BNP securities something something:confused3:confused3:confused3

Oh well, better get faxing!

That's what I said to him! I don't see the point in selling them now that I have them. Though in my brief search the shares seem to have something to do with some security company called BNP securities something something:confused3:confused3:confused3

Oh well, better get faxing!

If you do sell the shares you are no longer a shareholder for Disney.

The BNP Paribas is a massive banking company in France. They are the ones who are dealing with the Disney shares. It was originally Credit Agricole but they have now switched. As my shares were purchased years ago, they are the ones who hold mine. All perfectly legitimate

Well on a good note. I got home last night and my temporary letter was here. Woo Hoo.

Didn't take as long as I thought

I finally got through to speak to someone on the phone. Everything seems to be order and they are sending me a temporary card through he post today.

They appologised for the delay, apparently it was due to their preparation for the DLP AGM.

As a shareholder I now have the right to attend the AGM. Anyone been? Do any of the characters attend? :laughing:

Finally received my shareholders temporary certificate through the post today. With only 11 days to go, I was beginning to get a little concerned.

Glad you got it sorted before your trip, and welcome to the shareholders club :goodvibes.

Hi, please excuse my dim-ness!

Let me get this straight - if I have a family of 7 (2 adults, 5 children) I would need for both myself and my wife to both become shareholders in order to obtain all the discounts and benefits for my whole family?
Also, once we are shareholders, that's it for as long as we hold the shares? And how do we then go about booking trips, can you do it online or does it have to be over the phone?

Many thanks indeed
John.

Only one of you needs to be a shareholder, to get all the advantages for your party. The only exception to that is Salon Mickey visits, which are limited to the shareholder plus 4 members of his/her immediate family. To be honest, I'm really not sure that buying a second lot of shares is worth it, just for Salon Mickey :confused3.

Shareholders discounts on rooms and packages are generally rubbish, compared with the discounts Disney regularly offer on their website. You don't get to take advantage of free nights/free kids etc either if you book using shareholders discount. There is a dedicated shareholders phone number, which you get when you become a shareholder. There is also a shareholders information page on the official Disneyland Paris site, which gives lots of information about how to become a shareholder/the advantages etc.

http://corporate.disneylandparis.com/shareholders/shareholders-club/

For me, my shares have been most use when used for 15% discount in table service restaurants at DLP, 15% discount in the shops there, 15% discount on the cost of APs, and 10% discount in Disney stores in the UK :goodvibes. In fact, my shares paid for themselves in discounts in one 3-day trip to DLP.

If anyone could answer my questions that would be great.

Would I be able to buy shares and have them in my daughter's name?, would I have to open up a sharedealing account in her name to do that, or can they only be in the name of the person buying them (me), and do you have to be over 18?.

Many Thanks :flower3:

Have just read you need to be 18 to open a sharedealing account so thats answered one of my questions :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter