How does your family celebrate Thanksgiving at WDW?

cascadecupcake

Disney Lovin' Michigander
Trying something new this year and going for Thanksgiving. For those that have done this before, I'm wondering how your family celebrated down there? Where did you eat? Are there special meals on that day? How about a Character Turkey Dinner--do those exist? I would love to hear about your experiences!:earsboy:

Thanks!
Pam

Almost all of the full service restaurants have special dinners for Thanksgiving, and some of the counter service places do too, especially at the hotels. I think all of the character dinners have turkey and all the trimmings, so you're in luck with that.

We went to WDW last Thanksgiving, but we don't have any kids. We ate at the Brown Derby in MGM and were very happy with it. We also liked being at MGM on Thanksgiving in general. It was a little crowded, but not terribly so.

Thanks so much! I don't think we'll be going to any of the parks that day--we're heading down early in hopes of lower crowd levels the first part of the week. Does anyone know if Chef Mickey's serves the traditional Thanksgiving meal that day? We love that character meal!

Pam

Yacht Club Convention Center has a great buffet - pricy, but very tasty. We had a photo made with Mickey and Minnie prior to entering the dining area.

My very first trip to WDW was for Thanksgiving of 1975. Character Meals had not yet been invented. My Parents made it seem the greatest thing in the world to be in WDW eating hot dogs and watching the Bicentennial Parade on Thanksgiving Day. We truly had a lot to be Thankful for. It is still one of my favorite Thanksgiving Memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter