How Easy To Get A Cab At BWV?

Lexxiefern

DIS Veteran
I am doing the minnie marathon next weekend and figured it would be easier to just catch a cab at 5 am instead of dragging the DH and kids out of bed. Can I arrange for a cab to be there waiting for me ahead of time? Can bell services/valet help with this? Any idea on the cost of going from BWV to AK? :confused3

Thanks for any help!

There are usually cabs at the cab stand right out front. If there aren't the bellhop will call one for you - since the Y&BC/Swolphin/MGM and Epcot all have cab stands, it never takes long for one to arrive (we have waited for a cab to show up at AKL). I recall a $15 (including the tip) cab ride to AK or AKL.

Before leaving room call valet and tell them you need a cab. Likely by the time you get down to the front door, one will be there although at 5 a.m. it may take a little time. Haven't done a cab in a while but 6 months ago it was in the $12 range.

We just took a cab a few weeks ago from the Boardwalk to AK and it was over $20.00 with tip. We did call down ahead of time to make sure a cab was available.

It wouldn't hurt to stop and ask at the bell stand beforehand for their advice. They might make the arrangements on the spot. A few years ago my brother's family wanted a cab to the airport. They spoke to the bellman at OKW and he arranged a cab a few days in advance and had a great driver for them. I think the ride was the highlight of my brother's trip....and he found a new retirement career to consider.

We took a cab last week one night from the Yacht club back to VWL as a test since we have relatives coming with us in December who refuse to rent a car and want to rely on Disney transportation. It just doesn't work well from resort to resort, but they don't believe me. Anyway, the taxi was $13.

I took a cab from the BWV at 2am recently and it was there waiting without me calling for it. However if you are relying on the cab I would call the front desk or something to make sure.

Thanks everyone! The cab can bring me right into AK's parking lot, correct? I would think the parking booths wouldn't even be open at that time?

I thought $20.00 was high, too but that's what he said it was when I got out of the cab. I paid $25.00 total (I didn't have 1's) and that's what the BWV bellstand said it would be as they said it was further to AK than the others :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter