How far in advance can you book resort?

tinkb

Earning My Ears
I'm over a year out and Disney's site won't even let me look at 2019. Anyone know when this becomes available?

Also, I'm assuming this is a yes but can you change your reservation to be included in special offers that may be less money as they become available?

499 days and yes, you can modify & add promotions. You’ll need to call to book your room.

I'm over a year out and Disney's site won't even let me look at 2019. Anyone know when this becomes available?

You can book a room only via phone 499 days out.

You will be able to book packages and book online once they release the rack rates for 2019 which should be around June-July.

Also, I'm assuming this is a yes but can you change your reservation to be included in special offers that may be less money as they become available?

If there's availability, yes.

Thank you both! So if I were to call and book now would I be given a rate?

You can book RO 499 days out by calling. You will be quoted the highest rate for 2018, which will automatically be adjusted once the new rates come out. If you want a package or want to book online, you have to wait until the 2019 rates are released (which should be sometime this summer). Keep in mind that if you book RO now and change to a package later, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit.

If a discount comes out later, you can have it applied to your existing reservation, provided what you have booked is available under that discount. If you will go regardless of a discount, I'd book as early as you are able so you get what you want. However, if your trip is dependent on a discount, I'd wait to book as having a reservation already in place does not guarantee a discount can be applied later.

Thank you both! So if I were to call and book now would I be given a rate?

They will quote you the highest one night rack rate from 2018. This will be your deposit. Then your balance due will adjust once they release the rack rates for 2019.

Last edited:
Ok, sounds like I should wait then! Just excited to start planning and to have an actual countdown ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter