How has mask compliance been lately

borgthe

DIS Veteran
Thinking of heading there but concerned that while I'm protecting others, they won't be protecting me.

Thanks

I’d say 90% of the people are doing it the right way. You’ll find a few with it down below their nose and a few that don’t get the 6ft markings they’ve put down. The hardest part is walking through citywalk and gift shops. More often than not there will not be 6 feet.

I just came back from a Sunday-Tuesday stay. I wouldn’t recommend weekends at all. Way too busy and I felt totally out of my element Sunday night in citywalk. Monday and Tuesday in the park were great.

I’d say 90% of the people are doing it the right way. You’ll find a few with it down below their nose and a few that don’t get the 6ft markings they’ve put down. The hardest part is walking through citywalk and gift shops. More often than not there will not be 6 feet.

I just came back from a Sunday-Tuesday stay. I wouldn’t recommend weekends at all. Way too busy and I felt totally out of my element Sunday night in citywalk. Monday and Tuesday in the park were great.

I agree with this. We did a Sunday-Thursday stay last week and were only in the park from 3 pm - close on Sunday but it felt very people-y. Not busy in the traditional sense, but it made me uncomfortable. Monday - Thursday was much better. We felt that proper mask use decreased as the day went on so we avoided leaving at park close as much as possible. There wasn't really any way to distance and multiple people were wearing masks under their noses or not at all. We also avoided Citywalk after dark because of the improper mask-wearing outside of the stores, but it was much easier to social distance there. Oddly enough nothing was being said to people about wearing masks improperly walking out of the parks at closing but once we hit Citywalk they were all over everyone until it was dark out.

What time were the parks closing?

When we were there both parks closed at 7 pm Fri-Sun and at 6 pm Mon-Thurs with an opening of 9 am. (Early entry at Studios was at 8 am.) They've changed the hours for August, though, with Studios open 9 am - 5 pm and IOA is open 10 am - 6 pm. I would assume early entry remains the same.

Here now and I agree, most people are complying with the masks, but there are some who have it pulled down below the nose or are milking the eating/drinking thing. While I wouldn’t say people are always keeping 6 feet or more, there definitely is an effort by most people. The lines are a non issue, distancing is great there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter