How important is a veranda on a Mediterranean cruise?

We just did the June 2 Med cruise and had the porthole deck 2 room and didn't miss the veranda. I loved the location on deck 2 midship. Most of the ports were more industrial areas that weren't very pretty except for Villefranche. Also, as others mentioned we were so busy that you don't have a lot of free time.

Most of the ports were more industrial areas that weren't very pretty except for Villefranche. Also, as others mentioned we were so busy that you don't have a lot of free time.

Good point, about the ports. Same with our cruise, only Cannes was scenic port.

We were just on the June 23rd 7-night Med from Civitavecchia to Barcelona and had a verandah, as we have had on every other DCL cruise including our 2014 12-night Med from Barcelona and Venice. For us, it is a necessity. Plus, it is much harder to (re)join the verandah club without one.

We've never had a verandah and we just completed our 5th DCL cruise (from Barcelona to Rome). Especially on the Mediterranean cruise, I could not justify spending that much money. It's already such an expensive cruise and like others said the ports aren't especially pretty except Genoa and Villefranche for our cruise. Most people going on a Mediterranean cruise are going more for the port adventures than for the time on the ship.

The navigator verandah are fabulous. I would spend the money. The ports are pretty to see going in and out and those verandahs are great for rain days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter