How late in the season do roses bloom?

olena

<font color=green>Emerald Angel<br><font color=mag
I planted two new rose bushes this year.....back in February. One of them hardly grew all summer and then shot up in September. It finally bloomed for the first time last week. My other roses are blooming. Their blooms are bigger and more beautiful in the fall. Anyone know why?

Did they get much water after you planted them? Was it a rainy fall? Maybe that helped give them a boost?

Maybe the plant was putting it's energy into establishing a good root system and now it's settled and can concentrate on growing and flowering... :) Who knows! ;)

Oleana...I don;t know the first thing about roses, but I hope they perform better for you next year.

My roses usually have two main heavy blooming seasons. The first is in June (which your new plants probably did not do because they needed time to establish themselves) and again in the fall - usually in September. If you water and feed them - this is a typical bloom pattern for many varieties. I have a climber that tends to bloom from June to October - but it definitely has a HEAVIER bloom at the start in June and again in September. Each variety IS different though. As for your plants, they will likely bloom like this next year... now that they have settled in and gotten established. Be sure to prune them in the spring, and provide them with lots of water and fertilizer throughout their growing season. Roses really are not hard to care for (with the exception of some temperamental varieties)... and they reward you with such beauty for such little effort.

My parents have had them bloom all year, and really bloom, oddly, in January! Since you're in a similar zone (I think?), it doesn't surprise me at all if your roses are really blooming right now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter