How likely is this.

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
Our family is planning a trip in Oct or Nov 2002. Our home resort is VWL. We have only stayed at VWL once. When we bought into DVC, DW only wanted to stay at VWL, which was fine with me. However, at some point, I want to see all the other DVC resorts, especially BWV.

Last week DW said "so where are we staying" when we go to WDW?

We are now thinking of splitting the trip between BWV and VWL. We hope to go for between 9 and 12 nights. We were thinking of staying at BWV for a few nights and then going to VWL. We will make the reservation for VWL and hope to switch some nights to BWV at the 7-month window.

I know its long-winded but here are the questions:
(1) What are our chances of being able to get a room (studio or 1-bedroom) at BWV at the 7-month window in late October / early November?
(2) Any chance at a standard room to save some points?

BWV is very crowded during late October/early November due to the Food and Wine Fest at Epcot. I'd call right at the seven month point to the day and see what you can get. I'd say that your chances for a standard view are poor, but you could always take a preferred view if available and get on a wait list for preferred. Good luck!!

We're BWV owners and are planning on visiting in November of 2002 as well. I know I'll be calling at the 11 month mark for a standard view.

Laura

I'd cover my bases with the reservation at VWL. Late October, early November is the same time frame as the Epcot Food & Wine Fest which makes BWV fill up very fast.

That has been among the times that many have had trouble getting at 7 months at BWV but you won't know until you try. Reserve all at VWL 11 months out. However, make two different ressies at VWL and don't have them link them yet--one for the period you will definitely be at VWL and the other for the period you may switch to BWV. The reason: if you make it all one ressie and then want to switch only part of it, MS may require you to cancel entire VWL ressie and then newly reserve the VWL time you want and that may be subject to availability at the time of the switch. In other words the following could possibly happen: make one ressie for all time at VWL, call at 7 months to switch part of time, they tell you that you need to cancel the entire ressie and then reserve the BWV and VWL time anew, they then tell you there is availability for the BWV time but not for the VWL time because there are people on a waiting list in front of you at VWL for the time you need to reserve. We had that problem when trying to switch (for a very busy season) a reservation for my daughter to have part of the time previously reserved at BWV to be spent at OKW. MS, after our talking to (and begging) a supervisor, eventually allowed us to make the change. As a result any portion of the trip time we suspect we may need to switch we now reserve separately.

Thank you all for the responses. We want to go for the Food & Wine festival and for MNSSHP. Would going just before or just after the Food & Wine Festival help my chances?

drubsa,
Thanks for the tip. I would never have though to make two different ressies.

I have no experience before the Food & Wine Festival, but I do not think your chances after F&W are any better than during F&W. After Food & Wine, comes the week of Thanksgiving followed by the very popular time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Points are low then and there are many special events associated with the Holiday season. You MAY be able to get days via the waitlist, but don't count on getting a standard view. This year for BWV, the time between THX and Xmas completely booked before the 7 month window opened. Some reported success with the waitlist, though.

All that said, you just never know until you try. If you book your home resort at 11 months, you'll at least be assured of a place to stay and a very nice one at that! Good luck!

Our home resort is OKW but, we wanted to stay at BWV this November. We made our reservations at the home resort at the 11 month window to insure that we could get them. Then at the 7 month window we started calling about getting in at BWV. Within a couple of weeks they were able to accomodate us with the dates and room type that we wanted.

My DD and sister are also members and they were able to get in at 7 month window also.

Of course no one knows what it will be like a year from now but, I'd bet that you can get what you want.

Hi,
Our home resort is OKW. We wanted to go for the Food and Wine Show in November, and booked a 1BR standard view at BWV about 5 or 6 months ago. (for 3 nights). It is just DH and myself.

When we go with children and grandchildren, we usually stay at OKW to have more room. Next year, we will try for a 2 BR for the whole family at BWV! Will sacrifice some room, but can't beat the location!

June

I've been told by someone at member services that once the Beach Club Villas are open, it might be easier to get a BW ressie. Just a thought....

Last year I made reservations at OKW at the 7 month mark for late October. We are BWV owners but were going for the golf tournament and thought OKW would be a great location. In late July, friends of ours decided to join us. They made cash reservations and booked at BW. I called in July to see about the possibility of switching to a 1 bedroom at BWV and there was no problem getting a PV at the BW. I was surprised - but thrilled - to be able to make the switch. We took in the MNSSHP and the F & W Festival as well. So from my experience, never say never. . .you might just get lucky! Good Luck!

Thanks to everyone for your responses. I have alot more hope now. :D
If the BCV opens in Sept 2002, I may even try that.
:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter