• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How limited is scooter availibity at the parks?

We've been during busy and slow times. The scooters tend to go fairly quickly after park opening (in our experience). And it's very difficult to get one if you park hop. We've now just gone the route of renting from offsite, even when we've rented a vehicle.

what would Plan B if they would be out when you arrive or hop to another park? and from I have seen running out can happen anytime not just busy seasons

This.

If you (or someone you are traveling with) *requires* an ECV in the Parks then you should definitely consider renting from an outside vendor.

We had a member of our travel party on our last trip who didn’t tell us she was planning on using an ECV while in the Parks… and we spent 90 minutes waiting for an ECV to be returned at EPCOT because there was a waiting list. We tried to convince her to rent from an outside vendor right then, but she refused. It happened again the next day when we hopped from AK to HS, and she had to wait at HS for a return. She was upset, but that was what I think finally helped her to see that sitting and waiting for a Disney scooter (at $50 per day, versus less than $200 for rest of our week from Gold) was negatively impacting her - and everyone’s - vacation.

I realize this will vary by time of year....
I wouldn't plan your trip around it. I had to unexpectedly rent one at Epcot after my off-site rental from Scooterbug died and I couldn't get anyone on the phone who would send me a replacement (or even tell me what they could do). We were lucky and snagged one of the last ones - otherwise my family would have continued pushing me in a WC.

Your best bet is to arrive when the park opens if you're just there for one day and have a backup plan of renting a WC because someone with you can push it.

I am so sorry for anyone this brings anxiety to. I can totally relate to this subject.

I very unexpectedly tore my acl and could not get around the parks = I had back to back trips planned with 2 sets of family who cant travel together (a whole other drama) ... but I digress -

I rented a scooter from Magic Kingdom during the busiest most sold out Halloween Party this past October and I literally just had to wait 15 minutes for a scooter. This wait time will vary but if you sit and wait in person they usually get you one out quick from what I was told --

A few weeks later when I went I rented from Gold Star Mobility - this presented its own set of issues .... I was not staying at a Disney hotel and they could not deliver to Orange Lakes where I was - I had to go pick up the scooter which was no fun thing to do with a torn acl - I was humiliated that I had to ask my family member to go with me to help me get the scooter.... then we had to figure out how to break it down and set it back up when we put it in the back of the suv ---- (again - since I wasnt at a disney hotel i couldnt just hop on the transportation with the scooter)

I say if I ever were to need a scooter again I would absolutely just rent from the park - unless I was staying someplace that they would deliver to my room and then its just with ease to scoot around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter