• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How "little" is "little" for the SSR pool?

loveit

Earning My Ears
I guess I'm asking because I have seen the pictures some people have posted, and to be honest, it really doesn't look that much smaller than the main pool at VWL, or even OKW which I really don't think are very big. Are the pictures just not doing the "littleness" justice? Just wondering:rolleyes:

MSN maps have a "birds eye view" option that gives a close fly over view of select parts of the US (mainly big cities) which includes WDW. If you want to get a real feel for the layout of anything at WDW, take a look at this, it pretty cool.

I can't link the exact map location, but start here:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?...rl=home.aspx?&redirect=false&msnculture=en-US

Zoom into Florida, orlando, and the part of WDW you want (in this case SSR). The areas are easier to find with the aerial option on (below the zoom bar). Once you are zoomed into the area you want, to the right of the zoom bar you will see a graphic of a fold out map and a graphic of a city and buidlings. Click on the city/building graphic and it will switch you to the "birdseye view". This is the best overhead shot you will find for any area around WDW.

Note: the aerial satellite view of the SSR area is old and is still of the Disney Institute. Once you switch to the birdseye view, however, it is an updated photo with SSR built. Also, make sure you zoom in all the way when in birdseye view to get the closest view. There are two zoom choices, but the default is the further one out.

I've never seen the VWL pool but SSR is about the same volume as BWV and OKW. However there doesn't appear to be as much room for lounge chairs at SSR compared to the others.

Of course, SSR has 3 other pools with plenty of space to recline. The new pool that just opened in The Grandstand also has water guns and fountains for the kids and a poolside bar (which also serves food.)

I thought the SSR main pool was as large, if not larger, than the feature pools at OKW, WL, POR (both FQ and Riverside) & the POLY. It seemed slightly smaller than CSR to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter