• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long before Fast Passes get removed after package canceled?

chimoe

Mouseketeer
Hello -

We canceled our late Sept trip and opted to go with the other booking for Late Oct trip. I canceled hotel package online about 5 days ago and read the Fast Passes would be removed. However I am still seeing my Fast Passes in MDE for the sept trip. Is this normal, shouldn’t it have canceled them out?

Hello -

We canceled our late Sept trip and opted to go with the other booking for Late Oct trip. I canceled hotel package online about 5 days ago and read the Fast Passes would be removed. However I am still seeing my Fast Passes in MDE for the sept trip. Is this normal, shouldn’t it have canceled them out?
You should go in and Cancel them so they open up for others to book.

They will catch it - but at least when I did a similar action recently - it took a lot of time (I was switching to off-property - not canceling the whole trip). I'd suggest being generous and taking the moment to go in and cancel them yourself. In retrospect - I should have done it immediately when I switched to an off-property stay - as having those FP's in there was just added confusion in My Plans. I thought I was saving myself trouble by keeping the reminder of when I ideally wanted my FP's until I actually scheduled the new ones - but it just added messiness.

Not if it’s a package: room + tickets. Once a package is Canceled, FPs aren’t to remain in the system because nothing keeps them intact.

True, but OP only stated they cancelled a "hotel package" - which does not automatically assume tickets are included. Could be room only, given they have another trip planned in Oct.

Room-only isn’t a package but that’s why the main response is to go in and Cancel FPs as soon as a person knows they aren’t needed.

Assume you have tickets (even if you did not buy them as part of a package), if you book a room and get FP's at 60 days out - and then cancel the room even within 30 days of the planned trip - Disney cancels those FPs because the FPs were booked with the benefit of being greater than 30 days out. It's one of those fine print things. And in this case - the OP doesn't NEED them as the FPs would be on the wrong dates for their new trip anyway. so they might as well cancel them. Sure - Disney will eventually, too.

We had a package trip. Room tickets and dining. Moved our trip but all fast passes remained in MDE.
I called regarding something else and then asked the Cm and she said we need to go in and delete the fastpasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter