How long for a solo trip?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I've never taken a solo trip longer than 5-6 days. Now I'm thinking of taking one alot longer. I've never been bored or lonely during any of my solo trips, quite comfortable and loved the time. But would it be too much to go that long-the enjoyment wears off and the loneliness sets in? Anyone with any experiences taking solo trips that long? I'd love to hear your experiences.

Flew down Thanksgiving day, had dinner with my brother near Tampa, spent 2 days on the east coast with other brother, then headed to US/IOA & WDW for 7-8 days. Started to REALLY MISS home by the following Friday & still had 2 more days before my flight home!!! I now won't do more than a week solo - my usual solo trip to FL is usually 5 days and that works great!!

Hope this helps!!! :teeth:

I did a half family (3 days)/half solo (4 days) trip recently. I did start to miss having people to talk to at night! While I was at the parks and/or DTD, I was talking people's ears off. Maybe next time, I'll do the solo trip first. I don't think I could do more than 5 days solo.

I will be in WDW from 9/25-10/9 this year. This will be my third annual two-week trip. Two weeks is just the right amount for me. I take my time and go at my own speed. These vacations have been the most relaxing ones as I don't feel pressured to do too much---to cram so much into my time there. I think of it as a cross between a resort vacation and a theme park vacation---the best of both worlds.

Cindy:crazy:

So far all of my solo trips to Disney have been no less then 6 nights and no more then 8 nights. But then any trip to Disney
is never enough......each time I get on the plane to come home,
I keep telling myself,,,,,,next year I need to add 1 more day. Hell,
I should just move down there.

Enjoy....

All 5 of my solo trips have been for 6 nights each. I don't miss my DH as much, since last year I took a cell phone. I talked to him frequently from the parks. He has been there before, so he can relate very well to everything I describe. By the 4th night, I miss my 2 dear cats very much. If I were to increase my solo days at WDW, I think I could only do one more day.

well, i have been on 2 solo trips so far, the 1st was 13 nights and the 2nd 14 nights. since i am travelling a ways , personally i would not go unless i had at least a week. my 1st trip i got sick for my last few days and was so thankful i had already had 10 wonderful days:D my 2nd trip i thought the time was perfect. i did all the parks commando style:rolleyes: until i realized i had time to slow down and enjoy. i used the resort pool more than usual and finally took the chance to unwind and sleep in a little on a couple of mornings. i met a couple other "dissers" for the first time during my last few days and really enjoyed their company:D my first solo trip i had only been widowed for 1 year and felt very "alone" and self-conscious . 2nd trip was a little easier, i found it easier to strike up conversations with those around me while waiting for parades, etc and met with a lot of really nice people. my last night i met the bass guitarist / singer from the band Simple Plan while dining at Jiko. while it was a very improbable meeting over dinner at the "cooking place" we had a wonderful conversation over dinner that i will never forget. his band was performing at MK for grad nights. i am planning for my 3rd solo trip this dec and can only stay for 8 nights, i am actually worrying that it will not be long enough:rolleyes:
katypop

Wow-"only" 8 nights-I've never stayed that long! Sounds like I'd have no problem staying 10 nights. But Claudia, I had to laugh at something you said-I think I'd miss my cats sooner tha I'd miss DH! Maybe because I can talk to him every night, but I can't talk to my cats. But then, maybe not! Maybe I'd just miss them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter