• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long is the drive from Pittsburgh PA?

nlbb4

Earning My Ears
Hi! We live about 50 miles south of Pittsburgh and I was wondering how long it would take us to get to Disney. I have checked on different internet site driving directions and I have gotten the impression it would take 15-17 hours to drive it. Also what route do you take.
Thanks!
Natalie

It is around 1000 miles, and takes around 17-20 hours. I'd take I-76 to Breezewood, then I-70 to DC, then get onto I-95 south, getting off onto I-4 into Orlando. Theres a ton of ways you could go, so I'd look what would be best for you.

I have a friend from Arnold/New Kensington who regularly drives to WDW. They usually leave late Friday afternoon, take I-79 through West Virginia and stop near Bluefield for the night. Then the next day drive the drive the rest of the way, arriving at WDW late Saturday. They follow the directions on mapquest, down through VA, NC and hit I-95 in SC, avoiding DC. I think on the way home they leave WDW in the morning and stop near Charlotte, then the rest of the way the next day. They have a teenager and a 7 year old, probably too much for one day for them.

I just checked my Rand McNally TripMaker 2000 software.

It shows 1045 miles and about 15.5 hours of driving time, not including stops for food, fuel, or rest stops.

It suggested this route:
Take I-79 south to I-77 at the West Va Turnpike. (226 miles)
Take I-77 South to I-26 in Columbia, SC. (370 miles)
Take I-26 East to I-95 South. (53 miles)
Take I-95 South to I-4 West in Daytona, Fl (322 miles)
Take I-4 West to WDW (74 miles)

You can shave about 50 miles off of that route by getting off of I-79 and taking US 19 in W. Va to I-77 for a more direct route than what the Interstate takes.

My mileage totals between Interstates are estimates.

hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter