How Long to/from Honolulu? Parking? Transportation

MamaBear58

DIS Veteran
I am trying to make our transportation arrangements and am deciding between one rental for the whole time vs transportation service to/from the resort (so we don't have to worry about luggage for a family of 4 fitting in the rental) and renting a smaller car just when we want it at the resort.

We will be getting off the Norwegian Pride of America on a Saturday morning in July. About how much time to get to the resort?

We will need to make an 8 pm Wednesday night domestic flight at the HNL Airport, also in July. Similarly, what time would we need to leave the resort to make sure we've checked in our bags by 6:30 pm?

Am I correct that it's $35/night to park at the resort if we don't rent a car by the day and have it back by 5 pm?

Finally, are Uber and Lyft available for quick trips around the town for dinner and shopping?

Thanks.

Aulani is about a 40 minute drive from Honolulu depending on traffic. For your flight you will be traveling in the opposite direction of rush hour traffic. For a flight, I would allow an hour travel time, as traffic can of course, vary.

I know Uber is available on Oahu and I think because of how large (population wise) Oahu is, Lyft is likely there as well. I do know that Charley's Taxi had a flat rate for going to/from Aulani to nearby shopping in Kapolei.

Just so you know, there is an Enterprise location right outside the port gate, lke a two minute walk, in case you decide to just get a car. Sounds like we did the same trip as you last June. Aulani was the perfect ending :)

Are there sidewalks from the pier to the Enterprise location? Is it close enough to walk there with our luggage?
Just so you know, there is an Enterprise location right outside the port gate, lke a two minute walk, in case you decide to just get a car. Sounds like we did the same trip as you last June. Aulani was the perfect ending :)

Are there sidewalks from the pier to the Enterprise location? Is it close enough to walk there with our luggage?
Yes there are sidewalks. I couldn’t walk there with MY luggage LOL but you might! We did 14 days and I did not attempt to pack light. Its just as easy for the party to wait at the dock with luggage and one walk over to get the car and come back to pick up. It’s literally just outside the port gate. Google map it to see. There’s a cute little old stone building between the two or you could see it from the port doors.

We were there this month. We used Uber from the airport to the resort and back. About $50 each way. Plenty of Uber and Lyft around the resort to get a ride within 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter