How long to get to DD/DQ from GKTW?

muldey

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!Does anyone know how long it takes to get from GKTW to DD?I'm thinking of going the day we arrive,ds and dd really want to see those Lego statues!We might go to DQ as well.We'll be at GKTW by 3pm(our flight comes in around 1:15 on Aug 4th).We want to be back at GKTW for 7:30 at the latest for the Xmas party,and dh or I has orientation at 7:45 for all our tickets and info.Is this doable?We may skip DQ,but would love to shop a little during this time.We don't want to miss anything!Thanks! :teeth:

HI,
I read this post and decided it took us about 20 minutes but my DH reckons it was more like 30. So im going to say between 20 and 30 minutes . It is doable but personally I think when you get to GKTW you will choose to explore there instead my boys were manic on our arrrival and didnt know where to look first.
Also we spent the best part of a day at DQ (A very wet day) there is loads to see and do in there and your previous post said your ds loved arcades you will not be able to do a flying visit in here and it is very expensive if you plan to spend just a couple of hours there!
Hope that helps ,
PM me if you want to know more I will be only to happy to help.We extended our trip to 15 days so we did most things (so we could be sure that we had every special memory just in case) and ill try to give you an honest opinion on each.

If you are looking for a big arcade area to play video games, skee ball, the Contemporary resort has one. I think you can just take the monorail to the Contemp. Resort or drive, and the arcade area is on the first floor right off the main lobby. It is a good- size arcade. It may not have all the recent tech stuff that DisneyQuest has, but it would be much less expensive than DQ. You don't need to pay for admission at the arcade at the Contemp., just quarters for the games. I don't think you have to be staying at the Contemp. Resort to use the arcade, either.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter