How long until we can get DVC AP?

herewegodisney

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I'm wiring our payment tomorrow morning (9/5) for our resale contract :cool1: . The broker says it takes 10 days to be in the system. We'll be in WDW from 9/10-9/15 and would like to upgrade out MYW tickets to APs with the DVC discount.

This is cutting it pretty close!:scared1: Is that 10-day period fixed or just an estimate? Once we're in the system, how do we upgrade the tickets with the DVC discount? I'm assuming we won't have our DVC card and will not be able to register online.

Thanks,

Melissa

You will need a membership card to get a DVC discounted AP (as well as a photo ID). If you are in the system, you can get a temporary membership card from one of the sales reps at the Sales Center at SSR. You can call MS to see if you are in the system (They can look your membership numnber up by SSN or other identifying information).

I think it will be cutting it very close to get your card before you leave, but it could happen - good luck.

You can upgrade your MYW pass to a DVC-discounted AP or PAP as long as you do it within 14 days of the first use of the MYW ticket.

Our first trip we took a copy of the front of our contract with our names, address, and membership number. We did have our paper cards at that time, but not the blue ones. Since some of us on the contract have different last names we were preparing for the worse, but everything worked out. We did not need the paperwork we took as the CM put in our member number and our info came up on her computer.

Thanks for the info. Is the contract number the same as the member number? Is this what I'll need when I call member services? What is MS's telephone number. I'll probably call them next Tues or Wed.

n2mm- how long did it take to receive the paper cards?

Thanks again,
Melissa

Thanks for the info. Is the contract number the same as the member number? Is this what I'll need when I call member services? What is MS's telephone number. I'll probably call them next Tues or Wed.

n2mm- how long did it take to receive the paper cards?

Thanks again,
Melissa

I believe we received our paper temp cards within a few weeks of signing our paperwork. The phone number for MS is (it won't let me post it, it gave me ***). Your member number and contract number are two different numbers. Your contract number is the one with .0 at the end.

Hi!

I'm wiring our payment tomorrow morning (9/5) for our resale contract ...

I don't know if the others missed this detail but given that you are buying resale, your success is going to depend a great deal on when the actual closing occurs. Once the closing happens all of the paperwork is transmitted to DVC to get the ownership transferred in their records. THAT is the part that can take 1-2 weeks to complete.

If you were buying direct there is no question you would be able to get the discount. If nothing else DVC would print a temporary ID card that you could claim at the sales center. But going resale, they aren't going to acknowledge you as an owner until all of the proper documents have been filed.

Unless your closing is TODAY and all of the docs are somehow expedited to reach DVC before the end of the week (not even sure if that's possible), I think there's a very, very slim chance that they will get all of the changes applied to their systems by next Friday in time to print a temp ID card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter