How long was your Roundup Rodeo BBQ Experience(including check-in)?

How long was your Roundup Rodeo BBQ Experience?

• 1 hr

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • 1 hr 15 min

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 1 hr 30 min

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • 1 hr 45 min

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 2 hr +

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

WDWLODGE

DIS Veteran
We have a really quick WDW visit planned & our only DHS Day is with our DAH Passes. The good news is, I was able to secure a 7:10PM ressie @ RR BBQ. However, seeing Fantasmic seems to be trumping RR BBQ when put to a vote in our family. There is only 1 viewing of Fantasmic @ 9PM that day, so I am wondering if it is even possible to do both. My guess is no, but I wanted to see how long your dining experiences have been. I know when it first opened YouTubers indicated they were there north of 1 hr 30 min.

Are you me? I have a 6:55 ADR for roundup on a 9PM single showing night too.

My worst case scenario plan is to eat fast as possible, then grab a bad seat. Disney wouldn't have gone to single shows if it was gonna be busy? Right? Right?

Please somebody tell me I'm right.

We ate there last week. We checked in as soon as our window opened (20 minutes early) and were seated pretty quickly after that (definitely before our original ADR time). The food comes out very quickly. I would recommend deciding which 4 sides and which desserts you want prior to sitting down and, perhaps, ordering those (at least the sides) when the server takes your drink order. I think you could be out of there in an hour and 15 minutes. Just be warned, it's a TON of food, so I would just be cautious about eating too fast.

Edited to add: Consider signing up for a dining alert service to see if you can get an earlier time - a TON of reservations for the restaurant opened up the day before and day of our reservation.

We were there today (Party of 2). Checked in at 4:00 for 4:15 reservation. Waited about 20 or so minutes to be seated. We walked out at 5:35. The waiting area was very crowded when we got there. A family of 6 and another family of 4 that were sat just before us said they had waited 65 minutes 😬. Service was pretty efficient.

I'm worried about the timing of the meal. I have a 7:10 ADR but really want to make it to Fantasmic. I don't wanna feel super rushed to eat either. Should I cancel, or just cross my fingers they'll be willing to rush just a tiny bit?

Ate there Sunday

Checked in at 6:10
ADR for 6:25
Seated at 7pm
Out by 8

Large crowd waiting before and after our meal

I won't wait longer than 15-20 minutes (from original scheduled time) for an ADR.... Time is precious. Granted you can go at your own pace but a 2+ hour BBQ dining experience doesn't sound like it's for me. To each their own though. :) Had a co-worker just get back and her experience (including wait was a bit over 2 hours). She says it wasn't worth the time spent. Almost 1 hour of that time was spent waiting for a table. How long until they go old school Ohana and try and get people out in 30-45 min?

Our reservation was for 5:05 (we were there last week). I think we were seated around 5:15. Food came fast. It just depends on how long it takes you to eat - you can get refills on anything. So we got seconds on all the sides. We were out of there around 6:30. Our server brought everything out quickly but we didn't feel rushed and ate normal speed. The cheddar rolls are the best! I asked for a forky cupcake and she brought one as well as the other desserts.

OP, thanks for asking about this. Very helpful for our trip coming up!

We aren't trying to make it to Fantasmic, but are trying to limit how long we take out of park time to eat. We are going mid-afternoon so it may not be quite as long, but who knows!

Adding my experience to this thread as well. We ate there last Sunday. Had a 12:25 ADR. Checked in maybe 5 minutes before that, we were out by 1:40. Completely stuffed.

Just returned
Thursday 6:05 pm reservation
Checked in at 6 pm
Received table at 6:25 pm
Decor was spectacular
Food was ok - nothing stood out to us, we passed on some dishes because no interest.
Service was very slow
Server was really friendly
From Drink order to finishing dessert was 1-1/2 hours. We are pretty fast eaters and had a lot of lull time
Glad we went but a one and done for us.

Party of 3, 90 minutes even with a mix-up on our main meal as my dd is allergic to banana peppers.

We dined here on Sunday for dinner. Our entire meal took 90 minutes, but it should have been much quicker. It was just the two of us. Literally all of our food, salads, sides, bread, and main meats were on the table within 10 minutes of us sitting down. Our table was uncomfortably crowded with food.

This did not seem to be normal, as other tables got their food in traditional courses. Despite getting our food so quickly, our server then disappeared. It took forever for him to come back to see that we were ready for dessert, and then again to pay the bill. There was no reason our meal should have taken more than 45 minutes with the speed with which all of the food came to our table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter