How Many Countries Can You Visit in Two Weeks?! - DLRP and more! TR LINK!!!! Pg. 20!!

Subbing! I love your writing, you are sooo funny. How special to be taking this trip with your parents. I can't wait to read about your plans.:thumbsup2

I am on board! I dream of going to Europe but I want to go and see things not typical. I can't wait to hear all the before and after stories!! I am also all into history so your family's story was wonderful to hear!!

Hi :wave: I'm here. I can't wait to hear all about this one. It's going to be great. Is it just you and your parents or will your brothers be joining you for a family trip?

I don't think I've ever read a trip report that included Disneyland Paris. :yay:

Wowsa - You have a great trip planned. Your dad is so cute! I like the blond hair. Will be back to read the details! NICE TRIP!

I'm here too!!! I will live through you!!! My dad wanted us to do two weeks in Europe when I graduated from high school and I chose Disney World..go figure, it was meant to be! I now would love to go to Europe but also on a cruise and to Hawaii lol. Can't wait for more!

Im subbing too!
This sounds like its going to be a brilliant trip and that is some pretty amazing family history you have. You should write it down for future generations. We had some interesting tapes of my Great grandmother talking about the Irish civil move for independance in 1916 but unfortunately lost them.
Cant wait to hear all your plans

:welcome:

I'm glad you're here. It really is something that we should write down. I never thought about it. That's awesome about the tapes, but sad that they were lost.

That's some great maternal family history. I have to go back to my great grandparents before I hit anyone not born in Canada so I like to listen to other people's immigration stories.
Belgium looks gorgeous. I've already learned something I think I knew but I forgot -- the dual language thing. Very cool. :thumbsup2

When I was a kid, I thought I was the coolest because my mom immigrated here. :rotfl: I love listening to all kinds of stories about people coming to the U.S.

I've followed along on many of your TR, but never posted. I have to say I'm so excited for you for this trip and can't wait to hear all about it. I, too, get heckled for eating mayo on my fries. Ketchup is yucky. :) I spent some time as an exchange student in Germany and that's where I picked that up. My DS prefers mayo, too! :)

:welcome:

Yay, you came out of lurkdom!

Mayo is the way to go. And anyone who says otherwise....have clearly been trying Miracle Whip, and not real mayo. :lmao:

Sounds like an amazing trip!

Thanks! Glad you're here.

Subbing! I love your writing, you are sooo funny. How special to be taking this trip with your parents. I can't wait to read about your plans.:thumbsup2

Thanks! I try to inject a little bit of humor in everything. Makes life a little easier to bear. I love traveling with my parents, so this is going to be awesome for us.

I am on board! I dream of going to Europe but I want to go and see things not typical. I can't wait to hear all the before and after stories!! I am also all into history so your family's story was wonderful to hear!!

Glad you're here! I agree about seeing things that aren't typical, but you'd be surprised how quickly you get drawn in by the things that everyone visits, like the Eiffel Tower and such. I never thought I'd be like that, but there are certain things you can't go and not see.

Hi :wave: I'm here. I can't wait to hear all about this one. It's going to be great. Is it just you and your parents or will your brothers be joining you for a family trip?

I don't think I've ever read a trip report that included Disneyland Paris. :yay:

It's just going to be my parents and I. This trip has been a long time coming for us. I would love for us all to be going, but it's just not in the cards. Plus, none of them have passports. Hahaha. They'd have to get on that right away!

Wowsa - You have a great trip planned. Your dad is so cute! I like the blond hair. Will be back to read the details! NICE TRIP!

Yay, Mary Ellen! :goodvibes

Glad you like the blond hair. I'm actually blond naturally, just had it dark for a while. But man, dark hair is hard to come out of when you're light! It's taken me what seems like forever to get it to where I almost want it.

My dad is hilarious, and those faces are a regular occurrence. The man just cannot keep a straight face with anything. Or smile normally for that matter.

I'm here too!!! I will live through you!!! My dad wanted us to do two weeks in Europe when I graduated from high school and I chose Disney World..go figure, it was meant to be! I now would love to go to Europe but also on a cruise and to Hawaii lol. Can't wait for more!

Hi Megan!

Okay, I love Disney World, but had I been given the option to pick between the two at high school graduation, I would have picked Europe. :rolleyes: That being said though, I was glad that I was older the first time we visited, because I think it made more of an impact.

Oh yeah, a cruise, Hawaii, and much much more is on my list of things to do also!

Sounds great! We're hoping to visit Paris and London some day so I'm joining in.

Joining in! Sounds like an amazing trip. Looking forward to hearing all about some new places!

Joining in!

Your trip sounds awesome!

My husband, our daughter, and I moved to Switzerland almost a year ago and we have been traveling quite a bit, but haven't yet made it to Belgium or Luxembourg (or DLP!), so I am looking forward to reading about these places on your PTR/TR.

Thank you so much for sharing your mom's story! Your pictures are beautiful and it was one of the countries we were lucky enough to visit while my dad was stationed in Germany!

I am late, as ususal, but i am in too! can't wait to hear all about it.
The background info, brought tears...

Looking forward to more.

KIM

Joining in! Sounds like an amazing trip. Looking forward to hearing all about some new places!

Glad you're here! I can't wait to share it with everyone.

Joining in!

Your trip sounds awesome!

My husband, our daughter, and I moved to Switzerland almost a year ago and we have been traveling quite a bit, but haven't yet made it to Belgium or Luxembourg (or DLP!), so I am looking forward to reading about these places on your PTR/TR.

You should definitely put it on your list! Switzerland is definitely on my list of places to go.

Thank you so much for sharing your mom's story! Your pictures are beautiful and it was one of the countries we were lucky enough to visit while my dad was stationed in Germany!

Thanks! That's awesome that you were able to visit when you lived in Germany.

I am late, as ususal, but i am in too! can't wait to hear all about it.
The background info, brought tears...

Looking forward to more.

KIM

That's okay, there's no such thing as late in my book.

So glad that I found your report! :cool1:

I'm excited to read along (and see your beautiful pictures) about BELGIUM! We're an American family and have been living in Belgium almost three years...we were due to return to the US this summer, but have received the OK to stay one more year. pixiedust: We really like it here, and as you said, the location can't be beat. :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing some of your family history. It is fascinating, and certainly explains the importance of this trip to your family.

Looking forward to reading along! :)

A bit late but finally here!

Am so looking forwardto hearing all about this one! :woohoo:

Loved reading about your family history and seeing the food pics lol.

I'm late too, but I'm in, for sure. What an interesting story about your family; I can't even imagine the stories you must have heard. My brother started an history file on my grandfather, who is a WWII vet and was stationed in the Pacific during the war; it's so easy to lose your family's history if you aren't careful.

That is also so wonderful that your mom got to see the actual house she grew up in when you guys went back. Anything could have happened to it; how amazing that it still stood and that she could actually SEE it.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip; I've been chomping at the bit to go back to Germany and visit friends, but the airfare has been out of control - I could go on a full week at Disney with everything included for the price of just airfare into Frankfurt! Sure, we have a place we could stay while over there, but DBF doesn't know my German friends and wouldn't really be comfortable at their house the entire time so we'd also have to pay for food and board on top of the crazy airfare. Oh well, still hoping and dreaming! I did throw my coin in the fountain in Rome, so I know eventually I'll be back there.... :rotfl:

So glad that I found your report! :cool1:

I'm excited to read along (and see your beautiful pictures) about BELGIUM! We're an American family and have been living in Belgium almost three years...we were due to return to the US this summer, but have received the OK to stay one more year. pixiedust: We really like it here, and as you said, the location can't be beat. :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing some of your family history. It is fascinating, and certainly explains the importance of this trip to your family.

Looking forward to reading along! :)

:welcome: That's so awesome that you're living in Belgium. What area do you live in? It really is a nice country. I loved visiting there and am so happy to be going back.

Hi :)

So glad that I found your report. :)

Can't wait for more. :goodvibes:

:welcome: Glad you're here!

A bit late but finally here!

Am so looking forwardto hearing all about this one! :woohoo:

Loved reading about your family history and seeing the food pics lol.

Hi Tanz! I'm glad you're here. Oh, I will make sure to take plenty of food pics. LOL. So much so that I will likely be getting very strange looks. :lmao:

I'm late too, but I'm in, for sure. What an interesting story about your family; I can't even imagine the stories you must have heard. My brother started an history file on my grandfather, who is a WWII vet and was stationed in the Pacific during the war; it's so easy to lose your family's history if you aren't careful.

That is also so wonderful that your mom got to see the actual house she grew up in when you guys went back. Anything could have happened to it; how amazing that it still stood and that she could actually SEE it.

I can't wait to hear all about your trip; I've been chomping at the bit to go back to Germany and visit friends, but the airfare has been out of control - I could go on a full week at Disney with everything included for the price of just airfare into Frankfurt! Sure, we have a place we could stay while over there, but DBF doesn't know my German friends and wouldn't really be comfortable at their house the entire time so we'd also have to pay for food and board on top of the crazy airfare. Oh well, still hoping and dreaming! I did throw my coin in the fountain in Rome, so I know eventually I'll be back there.... :rotfl:

You're so right, it is really easy to forget and lose your family history. I think it's important to remember those things.

It was awesome to see her house! It was so surreal. And the funny thing about it was that a neighbor that she grew up with was still there and we saw him. I was very cool.

I know, airfare is crazy. My story about that will be forthcoming. :crazy2:

I'm in because I don't seem to have enouth things to read here on the Dis. But seriously, your family story is amazing. Truly. I can't wait to read all about it. It sounds like it will be a very special trip and I love London so I can't wait to hear about all the other countries.

The food......looks .....A-MAY-ZING. Drool. Drool. Drool.

Wierd to see you with blonde hair again after seeing it dark in your more recent TRs. But nice wierd. Did that make sense?:blush:

I'm in because I don't seem to have enouth things to read here on the Dis. But seriously, your family story is amazing. Truly. I can't wait to read all about it. It sounds like it will be a very special trip and I love London so I can't wait to hear about all the other countries.

The food......looks .....A-MAY-ZING. Drool. Drool. Drool.

Wierd to see you with blonde hair again after seeing it dark in your more recent TRs. But nice wierd. Did that make sense?:blush:

I am hoping to have tons of food pictures to make people happy. There's going to be a lot of it for sure!

It's strange for me to see it that way too. I look totally different depending on my hair. My eyes look a lot bluer when my hair's dark, but I look paler. When my hair's light, my skin tends to look a little better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter