How many days at Disneyland?

hrvoje

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a solo adult trip to Disneyland. I'm a moderate Disney fan, and have never been to Disneyland before.

I have the opportunity to spend anywhere between 1-5 days at the parks, and am having trouble finalizing a number.

I like to take things slow and really absorb all the little details. Would probably like to experience certain shows and favourite rides multiple times.

How many days would people recommend?

Thank you kindly.

You’re going to get some “DL is a 2 day park max” comments. But if you like to take it slow and really absorb it all you can easily do 5 days there between the 2 parks. We typically go 6-9 day trips and we still don’t get to see/do it all. There’s a lot to see especially in DL. If you were only doing DCA I would say you could cover every nook and cranny in 2 days, but DL is so dense and there are so many layers of things to see and experience you can easily spend 3-5 days there alone.

For a solo trip, three days would be great. You’ll be able to cover a lot of ground with single rider lines, grabbing one quick spot to watch a parade or show, etc. There’s a lot to do in Southern CA, I wouldn’t spend five solo days at Disneyland with all that around.

Definitely get park hoppers, though.

We do a family DL trip about once a year and our preferred time is 4 park days. We typically will do 3 total days at DL and one day at DCA with a rest day in the middle. We like DL much more and so 1 day at DCA is usually plenty and the rest of the time we are at DL. If we have more days than 5 in Cali then we might also do a beach day or a Universal day, etc.

When I did my first DL solo trip, it was 5 full days, and for me that was too much. I started to repeat my favourites several times. I was happy that my last day included the Walk in Walts Footsteps tour they had back then. Gave me something new to do.

For my second trip in a few weeks, I have scheduled 3 full days, however I did buy 5 day park tickets. I have two half days available when travelling. I bought more days to give myself flexibility. If I want to do more I have the option, but if I want a break in the middle, I can do that as well.

For my second trip in a few weeks, I have scheduled 3 full days, however I did buy 5 day park tickets. I have two half days available when travelling. I bought more days to give myself flexibility. If I want to do more I have the option, but if I want a break in the middle, I can do that as well.
This is what we do. We always get 5 day hoppers, but 2 of the days are half days because we like to do other things around SoCal. Or sometimes we do half a day on arrival or departure day.

I think 3 days is good. At minimum I would do 2 days, one day at each park.

If I had to do it over again I would have planned on 5 days for my current trip. With mornings/evenings at the park and afternoons exploring other things (local breweries, a few hours at the beach, etc).

We always do 5 days, with an additional day in the hotel for pool time and DTD. It does give us the chance to experience our favorites more than once but there still always seems to be something we're not able to try, like a restaurant we haven't done yet. We do take midday breaks at the hotel as well. Other than that, we're in the parks from EE through closing.

I'm planning a solo adult trip to Disneyland. I'm a moderate Disney fan, and have never been to Disneyland before.

I have the opportunity to spend anywhere between 1-5 days at the parks, and am having trouble finalizing a number.

I like to take things slow and really absorb all the little details. Would probably like to experience certain shows and favourite rides multiple times.

Thank you kindly.
3 day hopper minimum, but if you don’t have anything else on your list to do in SoCal I’d get a 5 day hopper and take your time, maybe even take a vip tour, really enjoy the whole resort, not just the rides.

Where are you staying? Are you in town to do other things, are there other things you want to do?

Thank you kindly.
My vote is for 4 or 5 days and hoppers. Genie+ maybe on a few of the days.
I have been going on solo trips for several years now, you will have a fine time.

Be aware of the entertainment calendar. There are certain show and other items that are not every day of the week. This way you will pic days that match with what you are interested in.

My vote is for 4 or 5 days and hoppers. Genie+ maybe on a few of the days.
I have been going on solo trips for several years now, you will have a fine time.

Be aware of the entertainment calendar. There are certain show and other items that are not every day of the week. This way you will pic days that match with what you are interested in.
I agree! 4-5 days allows you time to absorb everything and Going solo will allow you a ton of flexibility in how and where you spend time, especially when you are a first timer. You’ll discover things you like that you’ll want to do over and over and some things not so much.

I nearly missed Rogers the Musical last summer because I didn’t check the days it was running. Shows, parades, and fireworks give us older folks a break when needed :rotfl2:

You don’t mention when you are going but if it’s after May, make sure to catch Fantasmic! If it’s summer, enjoy the late night ambiance, especially after fireworks when crowds really thin out.

3 days is the absolute minimum for your requirements.
5 days might be more than you really need. But if you really like to take it slow and absorb...
4 days might be the sweet spot.

Now I consider myself a moderate Disney fan as well...but I'm a more than moderate Star Wars fan. And while I don't think I'll ever take a truly solo trip, I could imagine myself taking a day and spending the whole time in Galaxy's Edge from Bright Suns to Rising Moons, Futzing around with the Play App, bounty hunting, riding ROTR multiple times and spamming the single rider line of MFSR while interacting with characters here (ensuring I get that wookie hug) and there, having various foods I've always wanted to try and hitting the Cantina a couple of times. For some people that would get a little boring, but I've done a few solo expeditions to Batuu (while family was sleeping or hiding from the rain or practicing for a parade) and always had a fantastic time.

I could also spend nearly a full day just taking in the various street acts that happen all over the place - I'm a sucker for good entertainment.

There is a lot to absorb if you want to. The 5 day ticket is not much more than the 4 day ticket in the grand scheme of things. You might consider getting the 5 day ticket and planning on 5 days, but if you are Disneyed out by Day 4, go do some other SoCal thing and you're only out $50. And you still have the option of dropping in for a brief while if there's just one or two things you want to do.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip.

3 days is the absolute minimum for your requirements.
5 days might be more than you really need. But if you really like to take it slow and absorb...
4 days might be the sweet spot.

Now I consider myself a moderate Disney fan as well...but I'm a more than moderate Star Wars fan. And while I don't think I'll ever take a truly solo trip, I could imagine myself taking a day and spending the whole time in Galaxy's Edge from Bright Suns to Rising Moons, Futzing around with the Play App, bounty hunting, riding ROTR multiple times and spamming the single rider line of MFSR while interacting with characters here (ensuring I get that wookie hug) and there, having various foods I've always wanted to try and hitting the Cantina a couple of times. For some people that would get a little boring, but I've done a few solo expeditions to Batuu (while family was sleeping or hiding from the rain or practicing for a parade) and always had a fantastic time.

I could also spend nearly a full day just taking in the various street acts that happen all over the place - I'm a sucker for good entertainment.

There is a lot to absorb if you want to. The 5 day ticket is not much more than the 4 day ticket in the grand scheme of things. You might consider getting the 5 day ticket and planning on 5 days, but if you are Disneyed out by Day 4, go do some other SoCal thing and you're only out $50. And you still have the option of dropping in for a brief while if there's just one or two things you want to do.

Whatever you decide, have a great trip.
Totally agree. I just did 10days in WDW Solo and it was awesome.

PS. I think the 5th day is only like $25, & id rather have it if I wanted to use it then not have it if I wanted to.

Thank you kindly.
Great question. For a slower Disneyland pace, we prefer 4'ish days. That's enough time to do some favorite restaurants, shopping, rest up a bit between parks, etc. And as others have mentioned the Park Hopper is a must at Disneyland. Its so helpful to bounce between the two parks when one park gets busy the other might be a bit slower.

More than 4 days is certainly possible if extending your time and activities to the local area: Southern California: LA, Hollywood, Universal, San Diego (zoo), Knotts Berry, Beaches, Mountains, more shopping, etc.

I have never considered a solo Disneyland trip but this description really makes me reconsider. This sounds awesome.

When I lived near the park, I went alone once in a while and it was seriously so nice to just wander around and do whatever I wanted. I would often just sit and people watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter