• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many days do need to cover the Parks now?

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
With reduced hours at the theme parks and restaurants, I was wondering how many days would be good for a WDW vacation these days?

How many days for MK?
How many days for Epcot?
How many days for DHS?
How many days for AK?

Don't believe I will spend the extra $ for park hopping. Also would like to do Disney Springs and some pool time. Trying to keep cost down but at the same time want to not feel rushed and enjoy myself.

What are your suggestions?

MK - 1
Epcot - 1 We've done it so many times we don't really "explore" the countries like we use to.
DHS - 1 Only because you need to stay and hope you get in the 1pm RoR since you didn't get in the 7am
Ak - 1/2

These are based off my family and our interest. Everyone is going to be different. The days I gave are how long it took us to do all attractions.

If you want to get in DS and some pool time I would say 5 days. That gives you time for one park each day and one extra day to either spend at DS & the pool or hit a park where you missed a few things. I think if you want to do a lot of things at MK you need at least 1 1/2 days.

For me length of stay is really so dependent on budget (different times of year will be more expensive than others), how much time I can take off of work, school schedules etc.

If you take all of that out of equation, I like a 5 night stay with a 4-day ticket best. One full day per park is plenty for me--more than that feels a bit repetitive to me. the extra nights are so that we can spend our arrival day at the pool and have a nice dinner outside the park. Then on the morning we check out we pack up and then kick around the pool until 11 when we have to check out, then if we have time before our flight we pop over to Disney Springs for a lunch and some shopping. We also often do a 6-night stay with a 4-day ticket too but then just take the extra day to do something other than a park. This time we have 6 nights and on the extra day we're either going to do a water park or pop over to universal, depending on the weather.

We don't really like trying to do parks on arrival or departure day because it feels to rush and we're big believers in the rope drop and end of day "sandwich" with a midday resort break.

How often do you visit WDW? Is this a once in a lifetime trip? What are your goals?

As of today my family would probably tour like this:
2 MK
2 EP
1 HS
2 AK...
So 7 days in the parks but we only go (in a non pandemic time 1x/year) so we'd like to repeat a day in most of the parks. The answers you get will vary.

As other’s have mentioned, it all depends on you and your travel party.
Is this your first trip?
Do you need a midday break?
Do you want pool time?
Everyone’s answers will be slightly different.

I like the following whenever possible:
4 night minimum, up to 10 nights
1 or 2 days MK
1 or 2 days Epcot
1 day HS
1 day AK
1/2 day Disney Springs
Midday pool breaks

Happy planning!

We are not newbies to WDW. Just wondering what the current situation is like at WDW for planning.

We do like to enjoy the parks and are opening to close people.

With less hours and less attractions, not sure if that balances out. Less seats on ride, longer lines. Want to make sure we have enough time to enjoy it and not feel rushed. At the same time, not stay too long to wonder what to do. The longer the stay makes the cost per day for tix less. The cost of the resort may be an issue so may contemplate staying off site.

Definitely doing 2 MK days and thinking 1 AK day.
But for DHS, not sure if we need 2 days. We have not done Star Wars yet. Do we need 2 days to make sure we can do it?
Love Epcot and the food, would like to do 2 days but is there enough to do now?

I would go longer if you can. Like you said, cost per day for tickets goes down the longer you stay. You can do half days and have pool time or go to DS. The luxury of more time so you don’t have to worry about rushing or fitting all the things you want to do into your day would be nice. I would for sure plan 2 HS days to give yourselves more opportunity to get onto Rise. You can time you park days based on your BG if you don’t want to stay all day. You can also spend some time in the lounges relaxing. 2 days at each park would be great. Some days you can do parks all day, some days can be half days. That’s my .02!

How long at each park depends on thigs like how often you visit, what rides/shows you want to do/see, how crowded the park is and how much shopping you do. We hadn't been to Disney in a number of years prior to our pre-covid trip in 2019. All of the parks seemed WAY more crowded then in years past. We estimated it now took twice as long to see/do what we used to be able to do in the past. Waiting in long ride lines can eat up a lot of time. Fastpass doesn't really solve that problem since you could only reserve 3 rides ahead of time. The age of your party also matters as some parks appeal more to children, while others are of more interest to the adults.

How all of that might have changed with the covid restrictions I don't know since we have no plan to go while covid remains an issue. From all of the various threads on here about that topic, I would have to assume it will add more time to your visit since capacities are limited, no Fastpass, fewer restaurant options, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter