How Many DCL Trips Have You Taken?

We’ve been on one as a family and we have another booked for January 2020. And I’d like to do a combo of Very Merry Christmas Party + Merrytime cruise, maybe 2022 for that. As of next year we will need to keep the school calendar in consideration.

We plan a lot of travel and there’s only so much vacation we can take so I don’t see us squeezing in more than 1/year or every other year. Over the next couple years we have WDW plans, DLP + Paris and French Alps, plus local-ish travel go a couple hours away to Cape Cod.

I just like vacations :-D. And as for how we afford it - we have good jobs in software and I tend to use my bonuses for travel. I got a retention bonus for agreeing to stay with my company after an acquisition and the first thing I said to DH was that we should buy a cruise with it!

Next month, my wife & I will be taking our 3rd Disney cruise. It's a big deal for us and we're very excited about it.

However, while perusing the disboards, I've seen posts from people who have taken a MANY more Disney cruises than we have. I know I've seen posts from people who have taken 40+ cruises and I could swear I saw a post from someone who said they have taken over 60 Disney cruises!

Does anyone know what the current record is for the number of Disney cruises taken by a person/couple/family? And how many Disney cruises have you taken?

I have completed 42 and have #43 next month on the Fantasy. I know there are people with way more than me (and we were on the Maiden voyage of the Magic so started on Day 1 of DCL). I have been onboard where I heard of a couple with 75 and another with about 100.

MJ

We have 46 completed DCL cruises with 47-49 booked. We've actually slacked off the last couple of years because we are building a new house. So vacation time is more of a premium and where we normally do a 2 weeks in spring and another 2 weeks in fall (either b2b or a single longer cruise), we've had to choose either spring or fall and use the other vacation days on house related activities. I'll be glad when we can get back to our normal cruising schedule!

We have done 7 and number 8 is booked. My question for those who do more than 1 cruise a year; don’t you get bored with the menus, shows and other entertainment? There are only 4 ships and a limited number of itineraries. The trivia questions repeat as well. I adore DCL and love the vacations, but we are cruising on a different line this summer for a change of pace.

Yes we did, we found that even the trivia questions were the same cruise to cruise. We also skipped most of the stage shows since we had already seen them. The only variety act we would watch multiple times is John Charles, he is incredible, the rest for the most part we skipped the second time we cruised with them. We never did a grand slam in 12 months like some have, but we did manage 3 of the 4 in 12 months. Right now we are cruise line free agents, we book what meets our needs and go with that. Excited to see the new Disney ships and sail the Magic at least once more, but 2020 is RCCL and right now 2021 is booked with Celebrity, this could change, time will tell.

I've taken 6, and have #7 and #8 booked for this year. Holy cow, 60+ cruises... and I'm sitting here wondering how I can cram in 2 more cruises to hit platinum this year, hahaha!

How do you all afford so many dcl cruises?! I did one in 2015 that set me back almost 3k for an inside room. Their prices just seem insane.

Well, I haven't taken what I consider to be a large number... at least not when compared to some people's numbers. Also, I live in Florida, so the little 3-night cruises are nice, long-weekend trips. For the European or Alaskan cruises, I'll fly economy to get there, and I book oceanview instead of verandah or concierge. But probably the biggest factor is I'm single with no children. It's a pretty sweet deal. :smooth:

Last edited:

We have done 7 and number 8 is booked. My question for those who do more than 1 cruise a year; don’t you get bored with the menus, shows and other entertainment? There are only 4 ships and a limited number of itineraries. The trivia questions repeat as well. I adore DCL and love the vacations, but we are cruising on a different line this summer for a change of pace.

I don't get bored with the menus. The entertainment... I love the shows, but if I have to see Golden Mickeys again, I may scream. So I just go have a drink in the bar before dinner. I work a lot, so vacations for me need to be relaxing. I can do that on a Disney ship much better than I can at a Disney resort. I'm not bored laying by the adult pool with a Bon Voyage in one hand and a book in the other. If I don't feel like going to the MDR that night, I'll order room service. Without kids, Disney cruises can be quite peaceful if you hit up the right spots, and that is exactly what I'm looking for. Plus I can literally lay in bed with my All Hands on Deck cheese plate and a glass of wine and watch Disney cartoons for 2-3 hours. :laughing:

Menus? Nope. Do you never eat at the same restaurant twice in a year? Or repeat meals at home twice a year? Same concept IMHO.

Shows? Do you never watch reruns or see movies more than once? Again, same concept.

I can't comment on the other so-called entertainment as I find ventriloquists creepy, comedians not funny, and magicians not magical, and I don't do trivia.

7 so far (11 overall), with #8, #9 & #10 with DCL booked! My family and I love the 3-night cruises from PC. It's a quick trip for sure but we have such a great time!

SIX, so far:

2x on Fantasy (both Eastern Caribbean)
2x on Wonder (Bahamas & Alaska)
1x on Dream (Bahamas - CC Double Dip)
1x on Magic (Bahamas)

#7 booked for next February (Fantasy - Western Caribbean)

We're sailing in 3 weeks to Alaska on #5 since 2016, so not much more than 1/yr. We've done all 4 ships. I'm getting to the point where I do find the repetition a little irksome. Our sailing on the Fantasy last year was a bit of a dud because of some health issues that came up shortly before sailing, so I'm booked on the September 2020 Double Dip as a bit of a redo. The only other sailing I'd like to experience on DCL is a Very Merrytime sailing. Other than that, I'm pretty much DCL'd out, at least until the new ships arrive and, hopefully, offer something different.

3 out of 8 cruises since 2015 were on DCL. I have 3 other cruises booked for 2019-2020 (2 RCCL & 1 RCCL that could turn into DCL if the ladies I'm travelling with change their mind). I'm still trying to convince my husband to book one of the new DCL ships in 2021 or 2023 but it has not been a big success so far.

Started sailing DCL in 2014. We’re currently on our 11th one on the Wonder with 12th booked for Greek Isles for 2020 and a placeholder to use.
I don’t think we’ll ever get tired of DCL. It has become a big part of our kids’ childhood.

We've done 10 so far. We typically prefer longer cruises and not to the Caribbean. I don't feel like spending my limited vacation days on yet another Caribbean cruise to the same ports. However, both DH and I are planning retirement within the next two years (him this year, me probably 2021) and part of that plan is to do "I'm bored/cold/want to travel - let's do a cruise next week" so we'll probably end up doing a number of short(ish) Caribbean DCL cruises since those are the closest to us. We probably won't get off the ship at the ports unless we feel like going for lunch somewhere special (did a 3-course gourment lunch with wine pairing at Greycliff Estates in Nassau - highly recommend their restaurant. Absolutely the best duck a l'orange I've ever had). But it's not going to be intended to be port-visiting types of vacation. We purchased WDW APs this year and are doing several short trips there plus visiting friends so we may continue that and do several land-sea trips just for fun. So I expect my number to significantly increase over the next 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter