• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

How many pairs of twins do you know?

I have brothers who were twins, I babysat for a set of twins, and taught several students who were twins.

I am a mother of twins, a godmother to twins and hung out with a mother of twins group when the kids were little.
It was a support/social group for young parents and we would meet at the park and other outings for visits.
When there are 10 pairs of little twins running around, it causes a bit of commotion!
We've kept in touch with most of the families over the years.

Two sets in my own family (both sets fraternal) and I can think of three sets right now off the top of my head that we know (all sets identical and all boys).

None that I currently associate with. I went to school with twins in elementary school. There were a set of twins and a set of triplets in my high school class. My oldest had a set of twins she went to school with elementary - high school .

I am assumed to have been a twin. The doctor thought my mom miscarried while she was pregnant with me but at her six week check up surprise she was still pregnant.

Currently? None. That I went to k-12 with, 3 sets. None identical, all fraternal. One set was boys, the other two boy/girl.

Our younger daughter had a set of identical twins and a set of fraternal triplets in her elementary class one year.

Lots! DDs bff is a twin, both her parents are twins, and the dads twin also had twins. The mom & her twin were the third set of twins in a row (10 kids total). That’s 6 just in that one family! I have twin cousins on both sides, have worked with twins, they’re everywhere lol! My coworker who was a twin also had twin daughters, and our boss had twin daughters too.

How's this?

I dated a girl named Tami who had a twin named Susan.
My next girlfriend was Diane who had a twin named Susan.
Then there was Susan who had a twin named Melanie
Then I dated another Diane who had a twin named Susan.

Over an eleven year period of dating; four sets of twins, four Susan's and two sets of twins named Diane and Susan.

I have quite a few friends who have twins, and growing up I knew a few in school. At church camp one year when I was a counselor, we had a set of identical triplets in our cabin! That got interesting.

Oh...I remember some twins. I swear I am not making any of this up:

Back in college, we saw these twins with identical clothes and bowl-cut haircuts. They both wore the same color striped shirts, jeans, and Member's Only jackets- and this was the 90's! We often referred to them as the Stormtrooper Twins. They were so bizarre that when telling others, people often thought we were crazy or lying until they saw them for themselves.

Best part, they spoke their own language with eachother- but we never heard them speak English or speak to other people. We heard bits of this Trooper Twinspeak in earshot, but if they saw you were too close, they clammed up and/or walked off. They also rode together in the same car, of course.

I had one in a History class, and when the teacher called roll, he wouldn't respond. One day the teacher even got angry with this twin for not responding, but still no peep.

No idea what became of them.

My husband is a twin and his dad is a twin - they were all born on the same day.
my MIL’s sister is a fraternal twin, and my MIL’s mother is a twin.

fun story:
My MIL had no idea she was having twins (this is my husband and his bro) and it was the early 80’s so sonogram wasn’t done unless it was a high risk pregnancy. They heard only one heartbeat - but when she went in to give birth....NATURALLY..the doctor told her after her first son came out “there’s another baby in there”
CAN YOU IMAGINE.
My BIL was tucked under her rib area so his heartbeat was masked by hers. And she’s a big woman, really tall and broad so it didn’t look as if she was carrying two babies.
so - with the doctors help she had two sons via natural child birth. And then had to buy a second of everything. And she already had my SIL at home who was 3 at the time. SURPRISE.

no twins on my side and we only had one kid and can’t have more so we are clear of the twins

My FIL and DH’s Aunt are twins.
My BIL has Boy/Girl Twins
We have Boy/Girl Twins

The group I joined when trying to conceive 16 years ago has four sets of Boy/Girl Twins and one set of triplets 2 boys and one girl. Mine are the oldest and then each set of Twins came 9-12 months later. I mailed off all my kids preemie clothes to the next and then they mailed them off and so on. We’re not a twin group btw, it just happened that way. Mine were the result of IVF, another clomid and the rest including the triplets were natural.

My kids have gone to school with several sets of twins. When they do twins pictures for the yearbook my kids always get forgotten because they don’t look alike, lol. I always get surprised when I see twins that *do* look alike because I forget they’re supposed to. I’ve also known many twins over the years but too many to name.

My sister-in-laws are twins (there's double the fun for ya!), my step brothers are twins and a friend of mine has a twin sister.

Knew 3 sets in school.

Work with 2 brothers (step-brothers actually) and the younger one has a twin that works in one of the other plants in Tennessee (where their Dad also worked whom I worked with 20 years ago.) I think another coworker has a twin sister.

I've known some, but for some reason my small college had a bunch of identical twins. I was friends with four sets and dated 1/2 of one set!

My husband and son were just talking about this earlier today for some reason. They stopped counting after 15 sets. My family had two sets (cousins and my aunt and uncle are twins) and my husband’s close friend has 3 sets in his family (him, his sister and cousin all had twins within a year of each other)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter