How many times have you had COVID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once. Today is my last day of masking restrictions! Yay! I was so careful for 2.5 years, plus vaxxed and boosted, I let my guard down and BAM.

The illness itself wasn't bad (if I hadn't taken a test, I would have sworn it was a bad bout of allergies) but, boy, with the quarantining, etc. it has been VERY inconvenient. Fortunately, I don't think I "shared" with any of my family or co-workers.

Last edited:
Officially 0 but the general consensus is I had it and was one of those people where the vaccine worked well enough for it to not be detectable, but I had symptoms. My husband brought it home from work in January and a few days after his symptoms started I had symptoms too. He tested blatantly positive. I never tested positive but had the symptoms, exposure and timeline.

He worked with the public throughout the stay at home orders and I'm a school speech pathologist so the only surprise for us was that we made it to January of this year before either of us brought it home.

Zero for everyone in the house, there are five vaccinated and one baby that’s to young. DH worked in the office the entire time since he works with utilities. But I will add that none of my kids have been back into a classroom yet, so that may have helped. We haven’t exactly stayed home, but we aren’t the super outgoing types either.

Zero for me, that I know of. DS had it in the spring, but he's living in another state and city (Queens, NY), so no threat. What amazes me is that DM had it at the age of 90. Vaccinated, but never got a booster. Had to quarantine, but fine after a few days. And living in assisted living, she was checked on regularly.

I have never tested positive. Was thought it got me twice but all the tests (several over 2 weeks) each time were negative.

I have two co-workers that have contracted it twice. One is vaccinated, not sure about boosted. The other wasn't vaccinated the first time and possibly not the second time either.

Zero for DH and I. I can't believe I haven't had it - I am a teacher and tons of students had it this past year. I usually catch all kinds of things from the kids, but luckily never caught Covid.

Once. Had a fever of 102 on 6/21. Fever was gone the next day, but I still felt sick. Stayed in bed two days. Felt good on 6/23. Started feeling bad again 6/25 and got an antibiotic for a sinus infection. Between 6/21-25 I tested negative twice.

Fast forward to this past Wednesday 6/29. DD19 tests positive for Covid. She had been sick since 6/27. We assumed she got whatever I had. After she came up positive, I tested positive too. I felt completely fine at that point (8 days after I was first sick).

I assume I had it all along and didn't know it because the tests were negative.

We are all vaxed and boosted.

Twice. Omicron in August if 21 (got it at WDW). Then 2 weeks ago in Branson. I was fully vaxxed for the first round and boosted for this latest one. Luckily both were like colds or sinus infections for me.

Twice. Omicron in August if 21 (got it at WDW). Then 2 weeks ago in Branson. I was fully vaxxed for the first round and boosted for this latest one. Luckily both were like colds or sinus infections for me.

Just curious--were you given your variant type in August 2021? I would have figured that was Delta.

Zero! Which is hard to believe since I've been working with covid+ patients in my unit since the start.(Dialysis)
Been to WDW four times from Feb 2021 to Feb 2022 and tested (no symptoms but trying to use up my free, covid tests) and all negative. My job does not require me to test unless I have covid symptoms. If I test positive (with symptoms) then I need to isolate for five days from the start of having symptoms and retest by my company (pcr). If for some reason I tested positive without symptoms, then I'm to report to work as usual but required to wear an N95 till I test negative. I'm 56, vaccinated and boosted x2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter