• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much for taxi?? Jackson Hole question

clarabelle

<font color=green>Pandas don't seem to have much o
How much for taxi from the Jackson Hole Airport to the Wort? Anyone know?
Disney is not doing extra days for Quest for the West and we are coming in a day early. The lady I talked to at the Wort said that there would be plenty of taxis available.
Has anyone taken a taxi from the airport to the Wort? How much was it? and was it easy?
Thanks

We went last summer. We booked thru All Trans, they were cheaper than a taxi for a family of four. Their # is 1-307-733-2707. They met us at the baggage claim area, and we were on the road within minutes. Just make sure they only charge you for one way. Whatever you choose, it will be easy. The airport is smaller than your average Target store, and it is only a few miles from the Wort.

We arrived a day early as well. I know many people enjoy tours thru Teton school of science. We were just too tired to do this. You will not regret your additional day to adjust to the altitude and time change. We rode the alpine slide and played golf at the Snow King. It was maybe a 10-15 minute walk.
Once you start w/ Disney evrything is covered. We went by the packing recommendations & had no surprises. A couple people failed to bring a sturdy shoe, e.g. a hiking shoe. There was a fair amount of walking, and a lot a mud(June is spring in Wyoming). Let's just say there were many pairs of shoes that never made it home.
Enjoy your trip!

Thanks!!
Did you book the Alpine slide on your own??

There is no need to book ahead. There are many options. You can ride the slide multiple times, or get a pass to ride the slide, play golf, and go on the scenic chair ride. The scenic chair ride is awesome at the top. Be prepared that the scenic ride goes verrrrrrrrrrry slow. My teenage son was about ready to explode by the time we got to the top. Just make sure and allow yourself time at the top to let any antsy members of your party to burn off energy, and bring quarters for the binoculars.

Thanks thats really helpful
I appreciate your quick reply
:)

Hi --quick question to follow on from Clarabelle. . .
Did you have to make arrangements with All Trans before you left? Or is it possible to schedule a transfer with them from the airport?

Just wondering. We are going on Quest for the West on 8/11/09--and I was thinking about scheduling something with Teton Science school--but it sounds like the alpine slide and chairlift options might be just as much fun.
Did you get any feedback from the people who did excursions with the Teton Science School? Did they say it was worth it?

Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Turtlemom

I believe you have to make arrangements ahead of time. We did, and the driver was waiting for us at baggage claim with a sign w/ our name on it. It was nice to have someone waiting for us, but seriously you will not have a problem getting a ride. All Trans was just cheaper for 4 people than a taxi.
As for Teton, everyone that has gone has had nothing but rave reviews. The only reason we did not go this route was because they only offer sunrise & sunset tours. We had to get up at 3:30am to catch our only flight out & w/ the time change the sunset tour was out. That left the sunrise tour the next morning, and our 2 teens were just not buying it. If it had been my choice we would have gone. No one in our group went, it was just hard to fit in. Several people in the hotel went & they all loved it. I'm sure you would not be disappointed. For our kids I do think the less hectic day was good to get over the jet lag, time change, and altitude change. You will not regret arriving a day early. FYI, you will not have an opportunity to sleep in once you start with ABD. That was the hardest part of the trip for our teens.

Ears
Do you think there is enough to do to keep us busy for the day with the mini golf and alpine slide?
Is there a pool at the wort? My DH is going mountain biking that day and it will be me and my two girls (14 and 11 at that time) trying to fill the day until the tour officially starts that evening
Thanks again

Unfortunately there is not a pool anywhere on the trip. I would say if you do the slide, play golf and do the scenic chair it will take you about 3 hours. We walked there, and it took about 15-20 minutes. I believe there is a shuttle that we could have taken, but we really wanted to get out and stretch our legs. We were sooooo tired that we all slept till about 10am. So sad considering with the time change it would have been 1 pm in our time zone. We walked to breakfast ( The Bunnery ), & did the trifecta at Snow King. We could have done more, but no one in our group was moving fast. Jackson Hole is very small, everything is in walking distance from the hotel. The hotel is in the middle of gift shop city. If you are looking for souveniers, you should allow yourself some time for this at Jackson Hole. There are a few giftshops at Yellowstone, all of them sell the exact same things. There will be nothing like the shops at Jackson Hole. It's unfortunate because you really have to buy things before you even start your tour. I would also recommend seeing the play at the Saloon next to the hotel. You will go there for lunch, and we just bought tickets for that night right after lunch. Even my 14, weeks from 15 DS enjoyed it. I am not sure what type of tourist you are. My Dad was commando on vacation, up early, see everything possible, no free time. Our family is just not like that. We enjoying relaxing meals and downtime, so for us it was a perfect day.

Shortly before the trip, maybe a month before, we got a pkg with the itinerary, messenger bags, and a packing list. I think you can also get it off the abd website. It was an unusually cold spring, another 6 inches of snow a few days before we left, and abd did call the house and gave us additional packing recommendations. The days still ended up being rather warm, shorts weather, but the nights were very cool.

Unfortunately there is not a pool anywhere on the trip.

There is the Teton County Recreation Center. Two Blocks off the Town Square. Albeit indoors there is a nice slide.

Thanks Scott
Do you have any other thoughts on what we could do while DH mountain bikes??

Thanks Scott
Do you have any other thoughts on what we could do while DH mountain bikes??

Give me the ages of folks in your party and interests and will see what we can come up with, also time of year for your trip???

We lived there for 28 years.

Also pretty busy at work so If I don't get back right away please understand.

Hey Scott
Our trip got cancelled and we were having trouble finding an another Wyoming that worked for us -so we wound up with Ireland. (you haven't lived there by chance??;) )
Thanks so much for taking time to post -I really appreciate your being willing to help me

Hi Clarabelle!
Glad to hear the rebooking worked out with a trip to Ireland. How exciting!
Mind if I ask whether you had to pay extra for the Ireland trip, or whether they gave it to you for the cost of your Quest for the West adventure?

Just wondering. I heard on another thread that someone traded (I think Costa Rica for Italy) without added cost. With so many cancellations, its nice to know how they are treating everyone.

Good luck on the new adventure! We're still headed to Wyoming in August. . . as far as I know for now.

Turtlemom:flower3:

They gave me the early booking discount -nothing else.

If we love this one -maybe we will do Wyoming next time. I look forward to hearing about your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter