How much is your 2023 Disney vacation going to cost, or how much are you budgeting for it?

Waaaayyyyy too much. Enough that I dont want to say. But I've still got a month to plan it out further and seeing about making it more than a WDW trip. Was going to be 9 days but bumped it up a couple to include some other possibilities or non WDW things. Wasnt going to do a water park, since I dont use swimming pools and such due to a disability (almost died long ago). But it should be a good place to chill for an afternoon.

Going to do my best to avoid the expensive stuff like the above mentioned $4 bottle of water. Not really interested in the expensive table restaurants or character dining as a solo. I dont need a custom light saber. Dont need lightening lanes or Genie+ since I am there long enough that I can adjust to the best times for the most popular rides. There are also solo lines for some and I should qualify for a disability pass again. I think I only used the pass for three rides last time though. Dont really need any souveneers. Instead I got a Z50 as a long term expense and some great well-planned shots would be better than another plushie or tshirt gift.

So, expensive though it is, by spending more carefully on all the other things it will help offset the total cost a fair amount. I will likely do the epcot 'drink around the world' though... over several days... and that will cost a bit. But in the end... as was told to me several times... you only live once and when you finally go you dont get to take all your money with you.

We are going in March for two weeks. We won’t be doing parks. And we are using DVc points. Our primary cost will be air…about $350 to $400 a person and food/cocktails. We usually make breakfast in our suite and then buy lunch and have a good dinner with a bottle of wine. I’m anticipating $2000 to $2500 for 4 of us.

^ Now it’s 3ppl x 6 days + 3ppl x 8 days - about $333 each per day total costs.

This is splurging beyond our typical costs:

Room Poly Lagoon view/BW view 8d/7n Dec 16-23 (4ppl) $2,800
Room OKW Studio 6d/5n Dec 16-21 (2ppl) $700
Six 7 day hopper plus tickets $3,900
Memory Maker included on tickets Free $0
ILL GotG x6 ppl ~$100
Genie+ x6 ppl - 1 or 2 days maybe ~$150-$300?
No MVMCP or After Hour tickets $0 (3 nights 3 parks free EEH + dayguest MVMCP Dec 22/23)
6ppl Jetblue airfare, luggage and seat choice included $1500
1 rental car SUV $500
Grocery stop $100
Food/alcohol budget $3,500 ($100 per person/day?)
Souvenirs 6ppl x $100 each = $600

$14,000 total

6 adults this trip. Ages 20-30 and 50-60
2 generations at WDW together before the grandkids start coming :)
I’m excited! and really looking forward to this young adult cousins/parents trip.
Party on party:

Update:

6 Adults ages 20-30 and 50-60 visiting the week before Christmas 2023
Some of us are now coming in a day earlier and JN party added $1k to the budget.

4ppl Room - Poly/BWV - Dec 15-23 DVC - $3,000
2ppl Room - SSR Studio 6d/5n Dec 16-21 DVC - $1,000
Housekeeping tips $100

Room Total - ($100 each per night) - $4,100

4ppl Tickets - ($675pp) UK 14 Day Hopper Plus with Memory Maker $2,700
2ppl Tickets - ($640pp) BWTicketing 5 Day 1 park $1,280
6ppl - ILL GotG and 1 or 2 days Genie+ $400
6ppl Tickets - Jollywood Nights ($170pp) $1,020

WDW Tickets and event - ($130pp/day avg) - $5,400
6ppl Jetblue airfare EWR/MCO r/t, luggage and seat choice included $1500
Airport parking $250
1 rental car SUV $500
1 ECV rental $250

Travel - $2,500

Groceries and Wine $200
6ppl x $100/day food/alcohol budget $4,200
6ppl x $100 Souvenir budget $600

Dining and Ding Dongs - $5,000
Grand Total $16k

I must admit that looks:scared1:shocking. We did 6 days in 2019, 4ppl deluxe 1BR with free dining, around $7k all-in.

😬 I just tallied up my “cheap” trip in March. It was supposed to be a light on Disney trip, just something to do over our kids spring break because we have some dvc points to use and plenty of SW points for airfare. I would say it’s shocking how quickly it adds up but I took DD18 for a 3 days trip in May and it was crazy how quickly eating in table services restaurants and genie plus and lightening lanes added up each day. 2 adults, 2 kids 9/6

Southwest flights - used points but still need EBCI and security fee $244
airport parking $54
hotel near airport 300(our flight leaves at 5am so we are going to drive there the night before)
Rental car 460 (hoping this gets cheaper, will keep checking)
2 day Disney base ticket $1381
Discovery Cove/Seawfold 1333( hoping they have a Black Friday special to make this cheaper)
Food $1500ish This is a combination of TS, quick service and grocery order for breakfast in the room. Hoping to do Chef Mickey, CRT and Hoop de doo while DS is still 9. Also want to do our resort TS places like GFC and Steakhouse 71
Activities- $500 DD6 wants to do Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique, DS9 wants to do horse back riding at Fort Wilderness. I’d like to do the boat rental at Bay Lake tower. I’m sure there is more Im forgetting so budgeting high.
Genie Plus and lightening lanes $300?

We are staying on our dvc points. 3 night in a studio at VGF and 4 nights at Bay Lake Tower.
Dues for the 274 points are $2008

Already around $6000. We will see how the year goes. There is a lot I can cut out that aren’t must does, more like would like to do while the kids are still small. Don’t think DD will care about CRT and BBB much longer. I will also load up on Disney gift cards for around 10% off and take advantage of DVC dining discounts or Disney Visa card dining discounts which should help a little. Hoping I can use credit card points for our hotel at the airport but need to get a little more first.

Last edited:

Going in Christmas is so much more expensive!

2 adults, 3 kids - 12/22-12/24

$660 - Boardwalk Villas (rented DVC points)
$1538.46 - 2-day base ticket for 4 + 1-day base for 1
$1104.63 - flights from ORD for 4
$180.00 - shuttle to ORD

Total - $3483.09 without food or Genie+/ILL

Our package for Sept 2024 is $3,750 for 7 nights and tickets. I think all said and done.....travel to Disney, package at Disney, food, and travel home will be $5,200 total.

Our package for Sept 2024 is $3,750 for 7 nights and tickets. I think all said and done.....travel to Disney, package at Disney, food, and travel home will be $5,200 total.
When are you going in September? We are in the beginning stage of planning ours and we just can't decide if we should go September or October.

Wow my wife and I got away for 5 days in February, not including the room and passes we spent well more that that….

that’s pretty impressive

I’m not even sure how to put and accurate price on it, but we are a family of 7…..

Annual passes alone for this trip are going to be 6300….

I know the first number is going to be at least a 2, hoping it doesn’t hit 3…. For our Nov trip….

When are you going in September? We are in the beginning stage of planning ours and we just can't decide if we should go September or October.
We are booked for Sept 14-21. Can’t wait to get back!

Going the first week of December:

Accommodations: $1,100 for 6 nights
Tickets: $1,160 for two adult 4-day non hopper tickets
Flights: $800
Rental Car: $370
ECV: $220
Food: $500 budget

Total: $4,150

Waaaayyyyy too much. Enough that I dont want to say. But I've still got a month to plan it out further and seeing about making it more than a WDW trip. Was going to be 9 days but bumped it up a couple to include some other possibilities or non WDW things. Wasnt going to do a water park, since I dont use swimming pools and such due to a disability (almost died long ago). But it should be a good place to chill for an afternoon.

Going to do my best to avoid the expensive stuff like the above mentioned $4 bottle of water. Not really interested in the expensive table restaurants or character dining as a solo. I dont need a custom light saber. Dont need lightening lanes or Genie+ since I am there long enough that I can adjust to the best times for the most popular rides. There are also solo lines for some and I should qualify for a disability pass again. I think I only used the pass for three rides last time though. Dont really need any souveneers. Instead I got a Z50 as a long term expense and some great well-planned shots would be better than another plushie or tshirt gift.

So, expensive though it is, by spending more carefully on all the other things it will help offset the total cost a fair amount. I will likely do the epcot 'drink around the world' though... over several days... and that will cost a bit. But in the end... as was told to me several times... you only live once and when you finally go you dont get to take all your money with you.
what is the wdw disability pass? I did for paris but didn't know if one exists helps in wdw
thanks

4 of us, 2 kids < 10. Returned 13 days ago from a 2 week trip staying at POR and doing 10 park days. We spent about 15k Canadian in total, however I used points to fly us down round trip and saved about 3k. 10k CDN was the hotel and park passes and the 5k was everything else (food, genie+, ubers, souvenirs etc.) Would spend it again in a heartbeat...if i had it lol! :) Food was the biggest expense we found.

4 of us, 2 kids < 10. Returned 13 days ago from a 2 week trip staying at POR and doing 10 park days. We spent about 15k Canadian in total, however I used points to fly us down round trip and saved about 3k. 10k CDN was the hotel and park passes and the 5k was everything else (food, genie+, ubers, souvenirs etc.) Would spend it again in a heartbeat...if i had it lol! :) Food was the biggest expense we found.
Hi there,
There are two of us going from Canada in three weeks. I am wondering if you mind sharing your food bill total? I am trying to budget the onsite expenses. Did you have a rental car or did you use Disney transportation? Thanks for any help/advice to keep costs down!

Hi there,
There are two of us going from Canada in three weeks. I am wondering if you mind sharing your food bill total? I am trying to budget the onsite expenses. Did you have a rental car or did you use Disney transportation? Thanks for any help/advice to keep costs down!
Hi,
Our total food bill was about $3000-$3500 CDN for the 2 weeks. This included a $200 purchase from Walmart for groceries (mainly breakfast foods). We bought two reusable cups for coffee in the morning and the kids could have pop in the evening if we were at the resort, these paid for themselves in a few days.
We only ate lunch and dinner at either the QS or via a dining reservation, plus a bunch of times at DS. Our dining restaurants were O'hana, via napoli, art smith and the cinderellas castle. We cancelled a bunch of other reservations as we found the value for the money just wasn't there. If we took some of those restaurants out we'd have saved about $600. To note, our kids ate off of the kids menu.
For transportation we did not rent a car. Ubers to and from the airport and we took the buses to the parks and DS. We'd do the same next time we went as they were super convenient.
My advice to keep the costs down would be to skip the character or disney dining. The value wasn't there for us especially once you convert CDN to USD. o_O at the same time, you are on vacation so splurge a little and enjoy yourself! Almost forgot, on resort days we ordered uber eats for lunch, good places not too far from our resort and the prices were fair.

Going mid-May of 2024!
Doing a split stay; Disney World and Universal, 10 Days total, 2 Adults

Airfare (using points, so just taxes: $25
Airport parking: $150
Uber EST to/from airport & from Disney to Universal: $100
Disney Springs Doubletree- Suite 5 nights: $950
Disney 3 day Park Hoppers for 2 adults: $1090
Universal Cabana Bay Suite w/ 4 day park-to-park tickets: $1375
Loews RP Hotel 1 night (for the Express passes) $435

TOTAL: $4125

(I'd guess about $2500 additional while we're there for food/alcohol)

Flights for 4 from Seattle - points mainly from credit card sign ups and $150
1 week in a sav view 1 br at AKL, 1 week in a 1 br at OKW - $900 total via timeshare exchange
5 night cruise on Royal Caribbean in a balcony - another timeshare exchange plus $1250 upfront, likely another $500 in tips and onboard spending
4 days in random hotels - points plus $420
Rental car for 3 weeks - $840
We always buy groceries and do 1 or 2 meals a day in our unit so food costs should be pretty reasonable.
Haven’t decided yet what we are doing for park tickets. The cruise is in between the weeks at Disney so still trying to figure out what will work best.

Update: pulled the trigger on Discovery cove tickets. Their Black Friday sale has started, plus further discount via Undercover Tourist.
So 4 day resort plus SW and Aquatica, $660.

Last edited:
Flights for 4 from Seattle - points mainly from credit card sign ups and $150
1 week in a sav view 1 br at AKL, 1 week in a 1 br at OKW - $900 total via timeshare exchange
5 night cruise on Royal Caribbean in a balcony - another timeshare exchange plus $1250 upfront, likely another $500 in tips and onboard spending
4 days in random hotels - points plus $420
Rental car for 3 weeks - $840
We always buy groceries and do 1 or 2 meals a day in our unit so food costs should be pretty reasonable.
Haven’t decided yet what we are doing for park tickets. The cruise is in between the weeks at Disney so still trying to figure out what will work best.

Update: pulled the trigger on Discovery cove tickets. Their Black Friday sale has started, plus further discount vi Undercover Tourist.
So 4 day resort plus SW and Aquatica, $660.
I'm interested in the BF sale

Leaving tomorrow AM…party of 7 adults…staying Thursday-Mon

Rental House (1.6M from Disney) - $345/bedroom for the stay
Rental Car - $41/each
Epcot Ticket - $165
MVMCP Ticket - $209
Orlando Informer Meetup Universal Ticket - $280
Food - $125/day

Roughly about $1500 for 4 days for one person, bringing another $750 in spending money.

Returning from our trip over Thanksgiving. 2 adults, 7 nights at Disney, 3 nights in St Augustine.

Old Key West - 2 nights
$390 (rented points)

Riviera - 5 nights
$1,091.16 (price per point per year × 84 points)

St Augustine - 3 nights
$983.43 (- $700 travel credit)

Car Rental - 11 days
$401.40

Flights (to Orlando - leaving Jacksonville)
$871.60

Park/Party Tickets $991.99

Breakfast Box $67.12

Night of Lights tour $68.12

Spending during trip $1755 (food/Genie+/souvenirs/gas/shopping at outlet mall)

$5,852.70

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter