How much money should I bring?

Blndiebby25

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

How much should I expect to spend at Disneyland Resort each day with a family of 5 (2 adults, kids: 4,7,13)? I am thinking of bringing juice boxes and granola bars, etc. for snacks.

Thanks,

It depends on a) how much you like to shop b) how much you plan to eat and c) how easy to you give in to impulse purchases

For any non character meal I would budget between 10-15 for adults per meal and 6-9 for kids per meal. At certain places you may be able to split meals (Plaza and R2P2 (Redd Rocketts) and perhaps Rancho (havent seen the new menu) but not at all places and at split meal places Id still budget in half the other persons cost to be on the safe side. ie a plate of pasta at Plaza Inn will run about 12 after tax, add a small side salad or dessert for 3 bucks its a definate meal for 2. Drinks will run about 2-3 a person per meal or treat

Icecreams are about 3 dollars each

-em

I plan on $10-12 per meal for adults $6 for kids $4 per person per day for snacks. I use Credit cards for everything I can and bring about $25 per day cash. Since most places accept the credit card we have never used all the cash.

I've tried bringing nutritious snacks along and Boy does that idea go out the window when you come across your first Churro Cart! :rolleyes:
Churro's are up to $2.75 now, I believe.

Soda is prohibitively expensive, if you can get your people to drink juice boxes you will save a Ton. Bottled water is as expensive as soda. I bring a filtering water bottle and fill up at the drinking fountains.

It's tempting to think that you will save money and eat off property but it's Darn hard to leave the park in the middle of the day! Our best strategy was to eat a very light breakfast (at the hotel), our main meal in the middle of the day (3 pm or so) and smaller snacks in the evening. We found if we ate our big meal at night we were all very sleepy afterwards.

Cost wise...how much money should you bring? How much do you Have? ;)

I try to budget about 25 bucks per person per day for food but it usually runs a bit (or a Lot) higher, depending on impulse munching. This doesn't include any Character meals or full service restaruants - the Blue Bayou will run you about $20 each for lunch and up to $35 each for dinner. Character meals are in the $20 range. (I'm going to have dinner/lunch at the Blue Bayou on my birthday. I've allotted about $100 - 2 adults and one 13 yo that eats like one - drinks, appetizer, main course, dessert, tip...spendy but for me, worth it!)

If you can stick to a tight budget meal prices above are about right.

Kids meals were around $6 including soda, adults $10-$15 (unless you want to eat at Blue Bayou or places like that).

So for lunch and dinner that's about $80 - $100 per day for both meals, or $50 for just one.

Then there's photos with characters and on rides like Splash, which are $14 each - i'd assume at least 3 or 4 of these.

Then souvenirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter