• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how much money should I plan on

wendyww

Mouseketeer
Ok I have a family of 4 and if we were to stay next year at the ASMo resorts lets say how much should I plan on spending for the entire trip including air? How much totall?

how long are you planning on staying? and how old are the kids? and from where are you flying?

my boyfriend and i just spent a week at ASSp and all together we spent aroun $2300...we used a code from mousesavers to get at rate of 65/night and got a reasonable plane tickets. we splurged by using a towncar and not mears (although for 4 people a towncar would be cheaper than mears anyway). we bought 6 day hopper plus tickets and spent a day at DQ. we ate small breakfasts in our room, did one e-night, and ate in the parks a lot.

$7000.00 2001 Spring Break, Peak Season,from west coast,5 days HIFS :):) ,10 days ASMusic Jazz:( .

That seems very high for just 10 days! But peak season says it all.

Use discount codes, avoid packages, log on to the airlines' websites. Take a few hours searching, you'll save thousands easily!

I spent way less than 3,500 on an 8 day visit which included one adult and two children, off site visit, car rental, NASA (2 times, a launch had been rescheduled), Universal (buy one day, return anytime during the week), Disney, Believe it or not museum and even the Belz outlets!

It is all in the planning and scooping out discounts and offers from everywhere!

Wanda

As people have said, it really depends--time of year, number of days, etc.

Airfare from Milwaukee: plan on at least $225 per person when all is said and done = $900

7 nights at All Stars: plan on $500 (lowest would be $385 including tax, highest about $900 including tax)

Park admissions: plan on $1000-1200 for four people for 7 or 8 days

Meals: plan on $100 per day for four people= $800 (eight days including travel)

Souveneir and incidentals: $500

If you budgeted $4000 you probably would be able to do it for 7 days at All Stars if you were careful. People will quibble and give you this discount code and that discount code, but remember I haven't included airport transportation, parking or transportation in Milwaukee, price increases, etc. We have driven from the Chicago area. Not counting wear and tear on the vehicle, driving cost us about $500 round trip including meals, hotels, and gas.

Here is what we spend, we just got back from CS and will be staying at ASMu in Dec.
get the Disney club card this will save you money if you in the service We are Air Force we save a lot !
getting our room at ASmu for $59 night 8 nights
5 day hoppers @ 200 each
car rental national 9 days $190
air fare Delta express 200 each
we plan on 60 a day for food (there are 3 of us)
10.breakfast, 20 lunch, 20 dinner,10 snack
we eat cheap and know if we cut here and there we go to 2 Nice dinners we plan on 50 for each dinner.
plan on 2500, seems like a lot
however we go to cedar point in Oh for a weekend and it cost us $300 and we drive up and only stay 1 night.

We (myself, husband and 6 year old daughter) spent $5,000 total for 9 days, 8 nights in mid-May. Stayed at Contemporary Tower Club, airfare $225 per person from Boston, bought Annual Passes, saw Cirque du Soleil, ate at least one sit-down meal every day (sometimes 2) and bought plenty of souvenirs and park photos. (About $1,600 of this was spending money, which equals to almost $200 per day just for meals and souv.)

Thanks for all the info. We plan on going just after Memorial Day for 5-6 nights either at one of the AS or Mod. resorts. The kids are ages well by then they will be 9 and 5. I only want to spend 4 or 5 days at the parks and then maybe head to the ocean since they have never been there. We are from Milwaukee so that is where we will fly out of. Keep the info coming. We are also on a tight budjet. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter