How much other vacation besides the DVC?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Do you still take your other vacations? Or just the DVC vacations? We usually spend time in NH, Cape Cod, camping, etc. Should I figure this time is over? How do you balance the 2?

We always take two family vacations a year, so it really isn't a problem for us. We bought enough points for us to do about 10 nights in a 2 bedroom every other summer. So, that gives us our Disney fix, and plenty of time to go to other destinations. If you're worried about it, try to buy enough points for every other year, that way you'll guarantee yourself a Disney vacation and still be able to go other places.

Since buying into DVC, we've done our primary vacation at WDW (last summer, we did the Disney cruise, which was great!!!!), but have also done "mini-vacations". We have also used DVC points to stay at The Plaza in NYC and are using some again in December to stay in NYC again. So, while we generally vacation at WDW, there are other options. This year, we were thinking about staying close to home and checked out some of the options in the Northeast through Interval International. There are resorts on Cape Cod, in NH, VT, ME and MA. So if you normally vacation there, you can still use your points. We ultimately decided on WDW this summer to "show our support".

We usually take 2 weeks vacation each year using our points. One week at BWV and the other week split between VB & BWV.

During the summer we also take camping vacations on the weekends, sometimes Thursday thru Sunday to places like Williamsburg, VA and the Jersey shore, etc.

My husband usually has a business trip at least once a year to someplace exciting, so my son & I tag along and have fun. This past summer we went to Arizona for a week.

We pretty much do a little bit of everything when it comes to vacationing.

Purchasing the DVC was best decision we have ever made.

We usually do WDW twice a year. Visit friends in California almost every year, and a long weekend in Las Vegas every 2 to 3 years.

A week every summer in Vermont and sometimes a trip Cape Cod. Fall or winter DVC trip to WDW. We have no problem balancing the two. Having four weeks paid vacation helps.

I have seen a few of your pother posts about how many points to purchase. Think about how often you will go to WDW over the next 40+ years. Keep in mind your other vacation plans, then purchase the amount of points that can accommodate your long-term WDW plans. You may want to buy a few extra points (if economically feasible) because once you're a DVC Member, you can never have enough points. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter