How much time @ MGM

clm3

Mouseketeer
Our flight arrives at 12:30pm and are hoping to be checked in at AKL and on our way to MGM by 2:30 (if not sooner). We only have a few favorites here; RNR, Muppets, Star Wars (maybe more than once), Indiana Jones, Bear, and maybe TOT this time. Do you think it is possible to be back at AKL for dinner PS @ Boma by 7:30 ???

I would love to try this place for dinner. The day in question is March 17th, so I'm hoping the Easter crowds and Spring Break crowds won't be around yet.

Thanks

I think you would really be pushing it to get all of that accomplished in around 4 hours (assuming you'd have to leave by 6:30 to get to your dinner ressies). I don't know what day of the week your trip falls on. If it is a weekend or early entry day for MGM, I'd guess you'd not be able to do all that. You'll spend a lot of time waiting for the Indiana Jones show, not to mention how long the show is itself - that will most likely take an hour away from you. I'd head straight to RnRc and get a fast pass. Star Wars is by Indiana Jones and typically doesn't have much of a wait. You might could plan it to do SW while you're waiting on Indiana Jones show to start and zip straight over there after SW. That would save you some time.

I really want to try Boma on our trip next month. We've never gotten to eat there yet and it sounds really neat. Have fun!!

What's "Bear"?

In the best of situations (low crowds, right part of the day), I usually plan about 1 attraction/half hour. It doesn't look like you'll make it to all of yours in that time frame. Get a RnRc or ToT fast past when you first get there and then be aware of the parade time and how that will tie up the place where Star Tours/Indy roads meet. I've not been at that time of year, so I really can't say. If you're not using a day on a hopper pass, then it doesn't really matter - just go and enjoy. I would only change the plans (park or dinner - whichever) if I had to use a hopper day for just 4 hours.

Bear is the kids show "Bear in the Big Blue House." I think it would be tough to squeeze all of this in, especially with the shows, as you are at the mercy of their schedule.

I guess we'll have to split up and DH and boys will have to hit
their "must haves" and DD and I will see Bear and Muppets.

We get there on Thursday then leave on the Wonder on Sunday.
We'll have to accept the fact we can't do it all.

Thanks

Bear is now called Playhouse Disney. Bear is still in it along with other characters from other PD shows.

T&B

I don't think that's enough time to get everything done. I would take your time at MGM and plan your Boma dinner (or lunch) for another day since you are staying at AKL. After MGM, you could eat on the Boardwalk--Flying Fish and Spoodles are both great. You could even hop over to one of the resort restaurants (like Beach n' Cream) or to Epcot and eat somewhere in World Showcase. Your kids might like MGM's Sci Fi dinner, but the food is probably better at the Brown Derby. We often do counter service at Pizza Planet. Food isn't great, but my kids love the atmosphere and the arcade.

Getting it all in in an afternoon will be tough. I'm not sure what day your trip is, but to do this, you'd have to go during a time of year where crowd levels are fairly low and even then, benefit from FASTPASS on maybe Tower or Coaster. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter