How much would you pay for a SWL ride?

I may be the only person who does not think there will be a general public FP charge for the new attractions in DHS. I do think that there will be packages offered that grant access, such as a dessert party or early morning or late evening hard ticket event. PErhaps a meal package that is astronomically expensive that concludes with a pass to an attraction. Disney does not like to look as if there is s disparity in who get access, even though we know there is, and if FP is still free for all, with the exception of the CL access to FP purchase, they can maintain that facade of equality. Selling "events" is a tad different, with access to an attraction a bonus, not the main feature, KWIM?

I believe Disney is already making changes to be sure that the loopholes to FP are closed, and even the split stay change in FP booking availability was IMO deliberate.

I may be the only person who does not think there will be a general public FP charge for the new attractions in DHS. I do think that there will be packages offered that grant access, such as a dessert party or early morning or late evening hard ticket event. PErhaps a meal package that is astronomically expensive that concludes with a pass to an attraction. Disney does not like to look as if there is s disparity in who get access, even though we know there is, and if FP is still free for all, with the exception of the CL access to FP purchase, they can maintain that facade of equality. Selling "events" is a tad different, with access to an attraction a bonus, not the main feature, KWIM?

I believe Disney is already making changes to be sure that the loopholes to FP are closed, and even the split stay change in FP booking availability was IMO deliberate.

This. They would never take away the 60 day perk of staying onsite and they will never stop allowing people to make FPs for "free."

There will be so many events to get you access. They've been priming the pump for years with EMM and DAH and this dining package and that dessert party.

It's called crowd control. If you don't want to pay for it you don't have to. I will wait and see what they offer and if I like the options I will book it.

I see Disney easily (and surprised they haven't yet) doing either of these things:
1) Offering a longer booking window if you stay at Deluxe resort (90 days), Moderate (75 days) or Value (60 days). Thus encouraging you to get a Deluxe resort to ensure you get your pick of those Tier 1 rides.

2) I think there will be events (Early Morning Magic) and tours sold for exclusive access to those rides -- plus the hotel (which will be expensive) I am sure will offer FP access to those attractions in some way. I also could see EMH being phased out to encourage purchase of the events/tours. I would think a morning EMH when SWGE opens would be more crowded than a normal day because everyone would "think" they would be shorter lines.

3) Give away "Tier 2" Fast Passes for free, but pay some extra money for the "premium" fast Pass service which gives you access to Tier 1 rides. (Which would mean they would do Tiering at MK to take advantage of this).

Will they sell Fast Passes for the new rides straight up? No. But there are a TON of ways Disney can essentially charge for them. (like they already do)

I gave your post a "like" because it's well written and I agree with it, all except for one thing. I can't imagine anyone riding something "to impress their friends". That sounds ridiculous to me and I sincerely hope it's not a thing people do.
Oh I think so. Some influencers on YouTube and Instagram would do and pay whatever they could to impress their friends/followers to get "likes" and the fact that they get to ride before other people.

Oh I think so. Some influencers on YouTube and Instagram would do and pay whatever they could to impress their friends/followers to get "likes" and the fact that they get to ride before other people.

Definitely- maybe not everyone but people into social media for sure

Just see how people have to get the latest food trend item and take a picture of it infront of a specific wall

This. They would never take away the 60 day perk of staying onsite and they will never stop allowing people to make FPs for "free."

There will be so many events to get you access. They've been priming the pump for years with EMM and DAH and this dining package and that dessert party.

It's called crowd control. If you don't want to pay for it you don't have to. I will wait and see what they offer and if I like the options I will book it.

I don't think they will ever stop the 60 days of free FP, BUT, I do think they will add the option for paid. Now will it be per ride? Package rides? Certain times? etc.... who knows.

With how popular SWGE will be it is going to be impossible to get 60 day FP+ for those 2 rides for years IMO. EX: FOP still extremely hard to get a FP and its 2 years already. SO that is why I think Disney will offer
"SOMETHING"

I don't think they will ever stop the 60 days of free FP, BUT, I do think they will add the option for paid. Now will it be per ride? Package rides? Certain times? etc.... who knows.

With how popular SWGE will be it is going to be impossible to get 60 day FP+ for those 2 rides for years IMO. EX: FOP still extremely hard to get a FP and its 2 years already. SO that is why I think Disney will offer
"SOMETHING"
But the reason FOP is hard to get at AK is because it has so few attractions. DHS will have a decent amount of attractions (and 5 BRAND NEW) ones on top of still popular Tower of Terror, RnRC and TSMM .. so it may not be AS bad.

But ya .. I see severe frustration from guests who sign up for a 5-6 day onsite vacation and still can't get SWGE Fast Passes unless they schedule their DHS day on the LAST day of their trip.

I would not put it past Disney to monetize access to SWGE, but I will not pay it. If there are no passholder previews then it will be a few years before I check it out. And after reading the articles released the past few days about the rides and restaurants, I am more than OK with that decision.

You are not the only one - I agree with you. We’ll see what happens - I’ve been wrong before! :)

We aren’t really into upcharge events. We continue to have a great time on our trips without doing them. Maybe we’ll try one sometime. For now, we honestly pretend they don’t exist!

We like Star Wars, but we are by no means super fans. We are going in February and we will most likely avoid Galaxy’s Edge until another future trip. Just not in a rush to experience it (and my kids are little - I’d rather do other things with them than spend a ton of time in Galaxy’s Edge.)

If I was a Star Wars superfan I would probably consider paying for an upcharge event to guarantee access. How much? Not sure. I know that I’d prefer it be some sort of part of a package event rather than paying X amount for just a FP.

I am not interested in paying extra for FP. I am amazed that some people will spend $100 for FP for two rides which combined are probably 6-7 minutes of ride time.

If Disney starts moving too much in this direction I'll just go stay at a deluxe resort at Universal and get their express pass for free.

Once Disney gets the # of attractions built up in all the parks, they could keep the FP system in place as is and also sell additional FP packages to guests as an up charge and plenty of people would pay for it. It could even be used as "free dining" is to sell rooms in down times.

The only thing I would pay $100+ to ride once is the plane to Orlando. The numbers thrown around in here for a single ride are mind blowing to me. $400 for a family of 4 to wait *less* for one ride.

If we can’t book a FP+ for our first visit, whenever that may be, we’ll wait until next time. The top I would pay per ride on top of park admission, maybe $5-10 per person if that, is so low Disney wouldn’t even waste time implementing it. We don’t even go nearly as frequently as some, but at the end of the day Disney is so much more than a single ride.

I would happily pay $20-40/person per FP to SWGE. Assuming there are not too many restrictions (e.g., they function like anytimes).

Reactions: CJN
The only thing I would pay $100+ to ride once is the plane to Orlando. The numbers thrown around in here for a single ride are mind blowing to me. $400 for a family of 4 to wait *less* for one ride.

If we can’t book a FP+ for our first visit, whenever that may be, we’ll wait until next time. The top I would pay per ride on top of park admission, maybe $5-10 per person if that, is so low Disney wouldn’t even waste time implementing it. We don’t even go nearly as frequently as some, but at the end of the day Disney is so much more than a single ride.

The fact that these numbers are mind blowing and the fact so many people will pay those prices is exactly why Disney WILL DO THIS.

There are lots people who go to Disney with it being the only time they will go or the only time they can go with no certain date of ever going again. For this reason those people will pay and Disney knows that.

With a family of 4 without a ton of disposable income there is no way I could pay $400 for FP for one ride and even less than no way I could pay $800 for FP for both rides. I am a huge Star Wars fan. Both of my kids are fans. But there is no way I could justify that kind of money for one or two rides. We have never done an extra event as a family (I have been to one dessert party on someone else's dime :) ) and we have always had great WDW vacations. Sadly, I had to cancel this year bc it wasn't financially possible so the thought of adding another $800 about makes me tear up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter