How old is considered adult on the dining plan ?

amytx5

Mouseketeer
I have 5 kids 15, 13, 9, 6 and 6.. the 9 yr old will be 10 when we arrive in Disney ..Does this change him over to an adult on the dining plan ?
Thanks
Amy~ :cheer2:

Hi Amy,
Yes, unfortunately 10 is the Disney Adult age so your little guy is all grown up apparently (and my DS too) - just don't let him drive or get a mortgage ok?! :lmao:

The Dining Plan is not priced for "adults" and "children" but rather for "guests" and "children (3-9)" -- they're simply offering a discount from the regular price for young children.

DebIreland said:
Hi Amy,
Yes, unfortunately 10 is the Disney Adult age so your little guy is all grown up apparently (and my DS too) - just don't let him drive or get a mortgage ok?! :lmao:

18 is Disney adult age, that's the age in which you have to pay the extra fee for more than 2 in a hotel room.

You have to provide the age at time of stay for guests 0-17 when you get a quote. Disney gives additional discounts for guests under 3 and for guests 3-9. Some 10 year olds eat a lot and some adults eat very little. If the pricing doesn't work then don't book it. I sometimes avoid a buffet, I know I won't be eating enough "to get my monies worth" and I'd rather just order and pay for what I want.

I don't know of any movie theater or restaurant that uses 18 as the age to qualify for a child discount. :rotfl:

Lewisc said:
18 is Disney adult age, that's the age in which you have to pay the extra fee for more than 2 in a hotel room.

Well obviously as the OP's question was specifically about the Dining Plan, my response that "10 is the Disney adult age" related to the Dining Plan too. Yes, you're right 18 is the cut off for guests staying in a room free.

Some 10 year olds eat a lot and some adults eat very little. If the pricing doesn't work then don't book it.
Woah! Maybe you should chill out. I was having a little joke, why does this board have to be so darn serious and formal so often these days? Of course I won't book it if it doesn't suit me, I never said I was forced to book it, you assumed I felt that way. As it happens I'm not booking it because yes, IM MY OPINION, it is absurd to charge a 10 year old an adult rate for *dining* and that's exactly what they're doing.

I don't know of any movie theater or restaurant that uses 18 as the age to qualify for a child discount. :rotfl:
Once more I'll remind you that we're talking about the Dining Plan here, not the room rate. I know many posters like to jump in straight away in defence of Disney if anyone so much as suggests that prices are too expensive, or something isn't fair, but honestly you're just so off-topic here making sarcastic comments about the cut off age being oh so fair that it's plain silly and boring. Again, I'll remind you we're discussing the DP cut-off age and I was just making a little joke. :rolleyes:

Sorry I didn't get the joke. You made a comment about driving and being able to sign a legal contract. Disney isn't unique in limiting child discounts to ages less than 18. The "joke" implies that a child rate should be offered to anyone under 18.

I'll agree some 10 year olds don't eat as much as some adults and that the plan may not work for them although once you eat in buffets and character meals the question becomes moot. You can either pay more on the plan or pay more when you eat in those restaurants.

I think some of the Disney restaurants are just expensive. Really not limited to the child or adult rate.

DebIreland said:
Once more I'll remind you that we're talking about the Dining Plan here, not the room rate. I know many posters like to jump in straight away in defence of Disney if anyone so much as suggests that prices are too expensive, or something isn't fair, but honestly you're just so off-topic here making sarcastic comments about the cut off age being oh so fair that it's plain silly and boring. Again, I'll remind you we're discussing the DP cut-off age and I was just making a little joke. :rolleyes:

Again, the Dining Plan is not priced for "adults" and "children" but rather for "guests" and "children (3-9)".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter