How steep are the ramps to the monorails at MK and Epcot

freemore

Mouseketeer
I understand the ramps to the monorails at MK and Epcot are steep and long. How difficult is it to get up the ramps by foot or by evc?

Thanks Lene

they would be steep for someone who has trouble walking to start with but a healthy person should not have to much of a problem. with a ECV it is no problem at all.

There is an elevator at Epcot to get up to the monorail. My spouse (aka the pusher)(smile), says that he doesn't think the ramps at the Magic Kingdom are that bad, except when there is a crowd and he has to stop and start. This last trip is the first time that we noticed small, flat areas to rest the wheelchair on at the ramps at the Magic Kingdom. They have probably always been there, but we just noticed them this last February.

Again, thanks for the information. We have rented a car so we may just drive from park to park or from the resort to the park, but we aren't sure how much of a problem that is going to be either. I guess we will know when we get there but it is very nice to have all of this input. Thank you.

Lene

I answered on your thread on another board.
At the time they were built, there were not consistent standards about how steep ramps should be. Now, the recognized standard is no steeper than one foot of length for each inch of rise (so to go from ground level to 30 inches about ground level requires a 30 foot long ramp). Our ramp at home is a little steeper than one foot to one inch and I know the MK/TTC ramp is much higher than that. We trying to figure out the last time we were at MK (but without anything to measure with). My best guess is that it's about 3 times that steep. Not so much problem when you are able to keep moving; the biggest problem is when there are people ahead of you and you have to hold in place on the ramp. We had some difficultu keeping DD from rolling down too fast when we were coming down the ramp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter