how to celebrate B-day on board

Little Twin Stars

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me how much it would cost to order a birthday cake in Disney Wonder? My little daughter would be turning 5 on our last day of cruise in Wonder. We are wondering if we should order a cake for her.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc princess: :Pinkbounc

I dont' think it costs anything. Let your travel agent know. You can remind them at dinner as well. They will bring you the "standard" cake for your daughter and sing to her.

Laura

Bigsky is right--just remind your head waiter of the special event at dinner the first night and he/she will arrange to have a cake brought out that night.

One "warning": if you want the cake brought BEFORE everyone orders (and gets, and eats) other desserts, let your servers know that too; we had several special cakes served on our cruise, and we always saved them for the next night because they arrived after we'd already stuffed ourselves with other goodies! But that won't work for you since you'll be leaving the next day...

Have a great cruise!

Thanks bigsky and jds.

I am sure this would give my little daughter a wonderful memory.

I must thank DIS Discussion Forum here for providing such a wonderful place for each of us to share our questions/ideas.

:Pinkbounc :confused: :Pinkbounc

Our TA noted to DCL at time of booking that DW was celebrating a bday onboard- Our servers were well aware of this and brought out a nice little cake for her- it was a whipped cream cake, with a really nice white chocolate band on top with a picture of the ship....

I booked direct with DCL but told them we were celebrating my daughter's birthday on the cruise (this is her sixteenth birthday present) and they wanted to know which night I wanted the cake to be presented to her. I chose the second night since the first one will be rather hectic. By all means let them know before you sail.

If you have very good servers and a good head server you can get a personalized cake. I was given a personalized cake at Lumiere's, it had my name in chocolate and a rose and it was a full size round cake. They even gave us a knife to take back to the room so we could cut it there.
Hope your DD has a great b'day.
BTW, they will do it any night that you request it to be brought.

Thanks!!

It's great to hear that they could do it any night because her birthday is the day we disembark!

Other than giving us the birthday cake, I know that they will sing her the birthday song right in front of her. Will there be any characters joining them?

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'll be celebrating my birthday while onboard ship the wk of Nov 8th.
Hoping to begin the day with brunch at Palos. Hoping to end the day celebrating with the family in our assigned restaurant; Cake Thurs night - the actual birthday

The cake is lovely, and my twin DDs have celebrated 4 birthdays on the cruise (and this year's cake was the nicest).

A couple of things we have done for them to help celebrate their birthdays:

--Ate lunch at Tritons or Luminere's (depending on which ship we are on).

--Ordered "Shirley Temples" at dinner (no extra charge because there is no alcohol in them).

--Given them arcade cards to use on their birthday.

--brought small gifts and cards from home for them to get on their special day.

--ordered room service that day as a special treat (they think it is fun).

--got smoothies for them at the show (we don't usually do that, so it is special when we do).

--took a pillow case and had it signed by the characters and gave it to them on their birthday.

You DD will have a wonderful trip! We started the birthday tradition 4 years ago when my twins turned 7, and have decided to try to do it for as long as we can. It is a wonderful way to spend a birthday!

DJ

We received our anniversary cake on our last cruise night but ate it on the morning of our debarkation from the cruise. The sugar euphoria is the only way we got off the ship without crying our hearts out.

BTW -- those cakes are darn good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter