thanks all

were leaving on mon for DW and as usual there calling for more bad weather
SW already has traval advisory for today (fri) if youd like to change
just wondering how this works if the same thing happens on mon
so just wonderin how this is handled
do I call like the night before

and advice would be so greatly appreciated
thanks all
Can you go before the storm or maybe switch airports? I had booked direct once but took a connecting flight to avoid a storm. Have a look at your options before making the change.

If SW issues a travel advisory for your area on your date of travel (and those usually are issued at least the day before), you can just click on change travel in your app, find another flight, click on it and away you go. Changing flights with SW for weather is the easiest thing ever. I think I've done it 3 times in the last few years and simply flown out the day before I was supposed to and beat the weather.

This is encouraging to hear. So if I’m understanding this right. Like today fri SW already has a travel advisory out
So say on sun or Mon they have a travel advisory for tues I could just change it to Leanne on Mon rather then tues With no extra fees or changes cause now the fare is pretty high

We’ll I I said this does sound pretty good. Thanks
Oh but I would have to wait to see if there’s a advisory for tues. I would get charged the higher fees if I did it early correct

We did this once a few years back and I remember it being pretty easy to accomplish. Because SWA no longer offers many non-stops from PHL as they once did, we have switched to American. Since we haven’t flown them recently, this may no longer be true, but I thought I would mention it - we had purchased Early Bird check-in and lost the money we had spent on them for that flight (and I didn’t know enough at the time to re-purchase). We ended up with a B boarding pass and it was fine. I was just happy to be able to reschedule and get home earlier.

sorry yet another question
so I understand the part of just going into my booking and then click on the flight I want to change too
so by doing this does that just change the flight and not the fare
is this correct
this again this is just so stressful

Make sure the travel advisory covers your airport. If it doesn't, you'd have to pay the difference in fares.

But yes, if the advisory covers your airport, you should be able to make changes with no fees.

Go to southwest.com, click on the link for the travel advisory (this is the one for today)...
1705688041321.png

You'll get another page that shows affected airports, a link to check your flight status, and a link to change your flight (I didn't copy the entire list of airports)...
1705688113385.png

At the bottom of the list, you'll see the following verbiage:
1705688196353.png

Click either the button to change your flight or the "reschedule their travel plans" link to change flights.

Easy peasy, lemon squezey.

I am just driving myself crazy today with this weather--
I have looked up and watched so many weather sites
my eyes are spinning
they still call for a wintery mix of rain and snow but temps are around 36 for tues
but one of the places I checked is calling for about an inch of precep
so thats for sure no cause for alarm
sorry for all of this but we really needed this trip now
hopefully I wont bother you guys anymore with my vents
take care all
nice to know that even at this late date we do have options
I even checked the hyatt at the airport for mon figuring that would be the easties and they do have rooms and the rates arent that bad
were staying at the poly with our DVC and dont have enough points to stay the one extra day

I know it can be a pain knowing when or if to make the decision to change. It was relatively easy in our case because my elderly mom (in the early stages of Alzheimer’s) was traveling with us and the potential for being stuck at the airport would have been very difficult. Staying at the Hyatt sounds like a good option to me. Good luck and safe travels!

This whole week was just so stressful between the snow storm on Fri. Bitter cold all week. Fire alarm going off in our condo. No fire thank god actually it was all the units in our building fire dept checked all units out and tried to reset which didn’t work so it took the fire com 5 hrs to come and shut the alarms off. We went by our sons. They found the cause but then they had to come back thurs to hooked it back up again and of course both of us were working DH school let him come home to take care of it. And now the lousy weather on tues.
Sorry I didn’t mean for this to be a rant. When I’m stressed I ramble.
Sorry about your mom beccasmom. My mom had dementia and isn’t easy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter