How to decide PS times without park hours???

married@wdw

DIS Veteran
Hi gang! We're getting very close to our window for making priority seating ressies and I just can't decide on times because we don't have the park hours yet. We've got two meals we're trying to plan for -- January 1st, at O'Hana's for 11 people and January 4th, at Narcoosee's for two of us (romantic anniversary dinner). We'd like to try to see the fireworks at both. I'm not even positive there will be fireworks on those days, but would some of you give me some educated guesses as to what time they'd be?

Frustrated! Thanks!

I recently asked a CM at WDW-DINE "How do I know what times I can make a PS for when I don't know the park hours?" His wishy-washy answer was " the available times are already set up in our computer system." So I take this to mean that either: 1) they basically know what the hours will be or 2) the restaurants will operate on their own schedule regardless of park hours. I decided to wait a bit longer before making any more PS. But if I wanted a "hard to get" PS, I would probably take a guess and make one, then try to change it later, if need be.

Tammy

tammy, how long do you wait and still get what you want?

I was wondering the same thing as we want to see fireworks at CG and Ohana but wonder if the times will be the same since the last year times must not have had EMH from what I could tell. I wonder if closing will be earlier hence Spectro or Wishes or what ever the MK fireworks are will be earlier.

To bad WDW can't make it easier for us to plunk down our bundle for dinner!

Thanks for the responses -- checked last year's schedule and that adds to my problem! Jann1033 -- not sure when you're going, but if it's January, the fireworks can't be much earlier than last year's. I can't believe they ran fireworks at 6:15 p.m. We had hoped to stay at DisneyQuest until around 5 p.m. with friends who are leaving that evening, then go to the hotel, check-in, change and go to Narcoosee's. Will definitely have to adjust the times now and spend a little less time with our friends.

In off-season, sometimes I don't even make PS until I get to WDW. But I think CG for the fireworks is a totally different story. I think Dec hours will come out in the next week, and I would guess that early Jan would be similar to early Dec. I would go ahead and make your PS at 90 days out. The CM might be able to give you some advice. Have a nice "honeymoon" jann1033!

thanks, watch them change this year and be 8:00, course they'll wait till i'm on my way and can't do anything about it!

also can't believe my husband wants to go to CG, evidently my "budget" is way tighter than his! maybe I should let him make all the arrangments come to think of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter