How to get from WDW Resort to US Resort - No rental vehicle

ilovetotravel1977

DIS Veteran
Hi dee ho!

Our family is going to WDW in January 2018 (early planners, I know). We are also planning on going to US for a few days after WDW.

We will not be renting a car. How do we get from our WDW resort, to our US resort? There are 10 of us, however, we could divide into smaller groups (my family will have 3, my parents, my sister's crew is 5).

Does anyone have a taxi fare calculator for Orlando?

taxifarefinder.com works for most larger cities in the world, including Orlando.

Have you thought about contacting Mears? They seem to have vans(shuttles) available and I bet you're not the first to request this. You can ask the Concierge at the resort for the info.

You could also order up 2 UberXL's or Lyft Plus's. I think the apps will not let 1 person order 2 at once, so they would need to be requested on 2 separate smart phones and userids.

Uber & Lyft vehicles are the driver's personal vehicles, and vary in luggage capacity. You might want to try to get as much luggage as possible in the first vehicle to arrive, if necessary folding down part of the back seat, and just put 4 riders in it. The remaining 6 should fit without a problem in the other vehicle.

Remember that FL child seat laws require a child seat or booster for children thru age 5. You can order an Uber with 1 child seat, but any more than that or booster seats you'll have to provide yourself.

Last edited:

Are uber and lyft essentially taxi services without the middleman?
Yes. Each driver is an independent business person. Uber & Lyft do security screening, ensure that certain minimum standards are maintained, provide apps for riders to request a car, dispatch a nearby driver, and handle collection of fares via the app. Payment for the ride is by a credit card or PayPal account registered within the app. At the end of ride, drivers and riders have the opportunity to rate each other 1-5. There are some drivers who do it full-time, but there are a lot who do it 1 or 2 days a week or a few hours at a time; many in the WDW area are cm's or former cm's.

There are 2 basic classes of service: UberX and Lyft are 4-door cars that can handle 4 riders; UberXL & Lyft Plus are full-size SUV's and minivans that can take 6 riders. Depending on the area, Uber also offers car seats for an additional charge, and may offer luxury sedans (Uber Select.) Uber Select aren't towncars, but higher end sedans like Lexus, BMW, etc.

(In my earlier reply, I think I said you needed UberX, but I should have said UberXL for the larger vehicles.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter